PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations on Menzerna IP/FP

ramhunter24
11-06-2004, 11:20 AM
I have a black 2004 Ram QC and the finish is very good. I have noticed recently at certain angles in direct sunlight that I have what appears to be like swirls or looks like spiders webs in a circular fashion. My question is... I have both Menzerna IP & FP, I have also have a PC and would like to find out recommendations on using the Menzerna Twins inorder to remove these blemishes. Also, what speed on the PC would work best with each pad and what pad to use with each Menzerna product. I have a bunch of Microfiber towels including some from Rainey to remove both products.

Any recommendations is greatly appreciated :)

joburnet
11-06-2004, 11:29 AM
Well I have both products and personally I prefer DACP and SFP, but they are both good products.

Start off with the IP with the PC on speed 6 and a polishing or cutting pad to remove the blemishes. (I use polishing pads for everything because they get the job done well and it`s easier to keep track of) After you polish once then wipe it clean and take a look at what change you have accomplished, if your not happy with it then keep polishing.

Then use the FP with a different polishing pad and I would suggest a speed of about 4. You should be very happy with the results.

ramhunter24
11-06-2004, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the info joburnet!!

How much product should I put on the pad for both the IP/FP. Also, how slow/fast should I move the PC and for how long on each section? I also have Meq #83 on the shelf to use how is this compared to the Menzerna on Black?

joburnet
11-06-2004, 01:07 PM
It`s hard to describe how much product you should use but I use the bottle that it comes in (about 16oz or so) and squeeze a thin line directly onto the paint. I then spread it with the pad with the PC off to keep it from splattering and then polish one section.

How fast you move the PC doens`t really matter, you aren`t going to burn through the paint or anything, so try some different speeds and do what you feel comfortable with.

I polish each section until it is done. That usually runs a couple mins per application of polish. When the polish is very easy to buff off then your done, if it`s tough to buff off then something is wrong.

Eilther polish would be great on black, just choose a good wax or sealant, something without cleaners because you don`t want to remove the oils that the polish left behind.

Personally I use the DACP as a one step product and it works great. Removes defects and leaves a great shine in one step. I then usually top it with EX-P and have great results on any car.

Eliot Ness
11-06-2004, 01:15 PM
Here is a Menzerna tutorial thread you may find helpful:

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24209

6']['9
11-06-2004, 02:55 PM
i use a IP/ Edge green pad for spiderwebs. FP/Edge blue pad

gav'spurplez
11-07-2004, 12:58 PM
I use IP with a yellow CMA pad on 6

FP with white CMA pad at 5

then a sealant of your choice with a gray CMA pad at 4 :xyxthumbs

Flying C
11-07-2004, 03:45 PM
Wether Mezerna or Meguiar DACP #83 is better is a matter of personal preference.

A month ago I detailed my BMW 04 Jet Black because it had exactly the same swirls and minor imperfections you are talking about. At that time I used Meguiar DACP with a polishing pad (PC speed set a t 5.5) , followed by #9, then Klasse All-in-One, and top it off with P21S. The results were very good.

However, in certain pannels of the car I see a "milky" effect on the paint.

Today I decided to try Mezerna IP with a polishing pad (PC at speed set a 5.5), followed by Mezerna FP and Klasse AIO. The results are INCREDIBLE!!

The finish is mirror like, no "milky" effect (micromarring?) and no one single swirl or spider web.

In the near future I plan to redo my whole car with the Mezerna twins.

Good Luck.

Alfisti
11-07-2004, 04:00 PM
I second everything flying c said. I`ve tried exactly both combos and its Menzerna all the way!

BTW, Menzerna contains no oil fillers like Megs, so what you see it what you get. Megs polishes can mask the true condition of your paint - just be aware of that.

If you decide to use #83, some cutting pads can dull down the finish and its nearly impossible to bring it back...don`t know why.

kempie
11-07-2004, 09:03 PM
Here is some more info on Menzerna application: http://www.properautocare.com/menapguid.html