PDA

View Full Version : EX or EXP?

Intercooled
11-06-2004, 10:54 AM
I have read alot of posts on both products. I would like to try one of these. What are the differences in each (pros, cons) Is one better for darker colors, lighter colors? Can they both be layered?Would you top either with a Carnauba? I`m not too concerned with durability as I will apply another coat every month or two anyhow.

s2skimon
11-06-2004, 10:56 AM
EX for dark

EX -P or lighter finishes and is a pure sealant so you can use a carnuba topper. Both are very durable

vdog0531
11-06-2004, 10:59 AM
it depends on the color i feel. I usually always top with a carnauba so that is why i went with the EXP instead of the EX because i dont` expect my sealents to havethe carnauba look, and i am ok with it because like i said, i will always be topping. On some colors though, the EX looks better from what i have heard and seen in the click and brag. its all about personal preference. Both are only 15 bucks a piece, i should have just picked up both when i ordered. I suggets you buy both and experiment:)

Vernon

Intercooled
11-06-2004, 11:07 AM
The Ex has Carnauba in it. Does it seem to be a bit deeper the EXP because of that? And will toppping EX with, say Souveran make it even deeper and wetter?

joburnet
11-06-2004, 11:22 AM
I use EX-P and have never tried EX and personally I think that it is very good as a last step product. It looks great on black even though people say that it`s better on lighter colors. I do like to top it with a good carnuba, I usually use S100. The difference is subtle but noticable and personally it`s a great combo.

94BlkStang
11-06-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by joburnet

I use EX-P and have never tried EX and personally I think that it is very good as a last step product. It looks great on black even though people say that it`s better on lighter colors. I do like to top it with a good carnuba, I usually use S100. The difference is subtle but noticable and personally it`s a great combo.

I agree with EX P on black. I originally bought the EX-P for my white Navigator, but used it on my black Mustang with about 4 layers and it looked awesome. Before that I had topped Vanilla Moose with S100 and thought that was pretty awesome. I plan on toping the EX-P with some S100 and see how that turns out. I was going to get some EX for the Mustang, but I think I`ll just stick to one product and use it for both.:D