PDA

View Full Version : Goo Gone, good or bad

SVTKLR
11-06-2004, 09:01 AM
I removed the decals on my truck and used Goo Gone to get the adhesive off. I also tried it on tar and it worked like magic. Is it safe to use or not. Anybody know.

Thanks

MikeWinLDS
11-06-2004, 09:03 AM
I tried to get off some gummy residue (probably from a sticker of some sort) on the back of one of my Playstation video games cases and it didn`t work at all. I was using the Goo Gone in the spray formulation.

scottlee
11-06-2004, 09:04 AM
i m o its safe, i have used it many times with no bad results, i have also used it to remove gum from carpets although it does leave an oily type residue that needs to be cleaned afterwards in carpets

Eliot Ness
11-06-2004, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by MikeWinLDS

I tried to get off some gummy residue (probably from a sticker of some sort) on the back of one of my Playstation video games cases and it didn`t work at all. I was using the Goo Gone in the spray formulation.

I`ve never used the spay type of Goo-Gone, but another product that works well to remove stickey residue is good ole` WD-40. I would suggest you first test it in a small spot to make sure it won`t harm that type of plastic (or whatever material you`re going to use it on).

bunmango
11-06-2004, 09:53 AM
I`ve heard that Goo-Gone (and other citrus-based solvents such as Goof-Off and 3m Adhesive Remover) can do damage to clearcoat if left on for too long - is there any truth to this?

oaevo8u
11-06-2004, 10:23 AM
GOO GONE does not work!!!

joburnet
11-06-2004, 11:35 AM
I`ve never used Goo Gone, but I have used Tarminator and it works great.

LouisanaJeeper
11-06-2004, 12:18 PM
it is safe

wash off the residue and re-wax after you are done

disasnguy
11-06-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by LouisanaJeeper

it is safe

wash off the residue and re-wax after you are done

agreed. goo gone works wonders for me. in my opinion it`s safe.

locutus
11-06-2004, 03:13 PM
worked fine for me.

crobinso
11-06-2004, 04:35 PM
Wow, what an interesting thread. Goo Gone did not work for me. I`m glad it worked for some of you.

Charles

loco
11-06-2004, 09:36 PM
Goo Gone has been magical for me. I`m surprised to hear that others haven`t had the same luck. It`s great for removing anything gluey. And it`s also great for getting gum off the bottom of your shoe. Yuck.

Bill D
11-06-2004, 09:50 PM
I`ve found that for sticky/adhesive removal a good arsenal of products is helpful with Goo Gone and Tarminator or 3m General Adhesive Cleaner ( I`m convinced there is insignifcant differences between these two) being standards.

In addition to those three I also have 3m Wax and Adhesive Remover--some one has a photo of it somewhere here, (little black and gold can) Goof Off and I used to have a product called Blaster (nothing special)

I use Goo Gone primarily for removing labels off bottles, combined with hot water and a good scrub brush, works well.

ALAN81
11-07-2004, 03:59 PM
I use 3M adhesiver remover and I love the product.I removed those stupid sun visior stickers with it and it left no marks.If it can remove that it can remove anything