PDA

View Full Version : EX applied with PC A+!

JasonD
11-05-2004, 10:05 PM
I recently posted a question asking which way was better, applying EX by hand or by machine (PC). Well, I got a chance to detail my Expedition again today except this time I applied EX with the PC and a black Sonus pad and I must say that it made a TREMENDOUS difference vs. by hand. First of all, I think I used only about 25% of the product as compared to hand application. I was able to just put a dot or two on the pad and it was enough to do a whole door/panel at a time. I kept the PC running around 4.5, and it seemed to apply nice and even this way, much quicker than by hand too, but the real surprise came when I removed it. I noticed immediately that it removed WAY easier than by hand because I was able to apply a thinner coat and the finish is a lot smoother than it was before. I don`t know if this is the result of a second coat or the type of application but it is even deeper and wetter looking than it was before also. Now that I`ve tried both ways, application by machine will be the ONLY way to go for me. :up

Eliot Ness
11-05-2004, 10:20 PM
That was my experience with EX-P also. It just seems that it`s easier for me to get a thinner coat with the PC than I can by hand. Also seems a bit faster for me with the PC, perhaps because the EX-P is so thick compared to other sealers I`ve tried.

JasonD
11-05-2004, 10:30 PM
Yep, I agree. It is very thick and it wants to kind of *skip* accross the surface, if you will. When applying by maching it all smooths out.

Scottwax
11-05-2004, 11:36 PM
No matter how hard I try, I always end up using more product with the PC. I guess I detailed by hand for so long, I really got the hang of it. Even though NXT works best by PC, I still seem to use more of it via the PC. Go figure.

Carl Anderson
11-06-2004, 05:15 AM
I have actually more experience with the PC than by hand, and I too am able to get a much thinner coat when using the PC. I noticed this recently when I applied Pinnacle Souveran Paste wax with the PC. Preveiously I had always done it by hand, but using the PC I was able to get a much thinner coat and more even coverage. It is a little bit of a pain to smear the carnuba chunks onto the finishing pad.

JasonD
11-06-2004, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Carl Anderson

I have actually more experience with the PC than by hand, and I too am able to get a much thinner coat when using the PC. I noticed this recently when I applied Pinnacle Souveran Paste wax with the PC. Preveiously I had always done it by hand, but using the PC I was able to get a much thinner coat and more even coverage. It is a little bit of a pain to smear the carnuba chunks onto the finishing pad.

Souveran should just *pop* out of the container and you can rub it on the pad like a bar of soap.