PDA

View Full Version : Help and Advice for Black Car

jinetix
11-05-2004, 09:42 PM
I have a 2002 Nighthawk Black Pearl Acura RSX and it has swirls all over it. My grandfather thought he was doing me a favor when he went over my very dirty car with a wet rag. I wasn`t interested in my paint for a long time so the paint condition is in bad condition right now.. in the sun it looks like my car has been riddled with spiderwebs.

This is what I currently have in my car care bin..

Porter Cable 7336 Random Orbit Polisher

Sonus DAS Pads (Orange, Blue, Green, Black, Bonnets)

Meguairs Deep Crystal System (Steps 1-3)

Meguairs Swirl Mark Remover 2.0

Meguairs Quick Detailing Spray

Sonus Claybar

Some cheap MF towels

I bought the Meguairs stuff at AutoZone before I ever found out about this site..

What will I need to restore my paint? This is what I think I`ll need.. but I`m not sure so I`ll need some feedback.

Klasse AIO

Klasse HGSG

Meguairs 83 DACP

Meguairs 82

Maybe some extra pads? Maybe extra green pad..

I`m thinking of using the Orange Sonus pad with the Meguairs DACP, then going over it with 82 after. Klasse AIO w/ the Green Sonus pad and then Klasse SG w/ the Sonus bonnets. Think this will work? I need some advice and techniques from the pros.. :nixweiss

Also, can I was the pads after with Dawn.. or should I use a liquid detergent? I`m thinking the detergent will be kind of harsh for the pads..

TW85 HHI
11-05-2004, 09:45 PM
It`ll work but I would apply the SG with the gray pad and use the MF bonnets for final buffing.

An alternative for the Meguiar`s products is Poorboy`s SSR line.