PDA

View Full Version : How would you classify the following products?

JustinR32
11-05-2004, 09:18 PM
I`m puttering in the garage, and organizing my cabinets according to what does what (rather than by brand, or color, or size, etc; you`re an Autopian, you know what I mean).

They all call themselves "polish with wax", "wax with glaze", etc. Would you call them polishes, waxes, cleaner waxes, or something else?

AIO

Vanilla Moose Wax and Glaze

Poorboy`s Polish with Carnauba

Einzett Metallic Polish with wax

Would you use any of these as an LSP? I personally wouldn`t, and when reading posts I usually see them used as intermediates. But I wouldn`t see these as cleaner/waxes; I think of cleaner/waxes as more wax, less cleaner, and these seem to me to be more cleaner, less wax. ColorX might fit in with the products listed above, but #6 wouldn`t.

Tom

disasnguy
11-05-2004, 09:35 PM
These are all probably classified as glazes or final polishes in my opinion. They leave a little protection behind. I think they`re more cleaner less wax. They could probably fit into their own category!

Scottwax
11-05-2004, 10:49 PM
I use them as final glazes prior to my LSP. All of them do provide some protection, maybe fine for car shows or a weekend car; daily drivers should have a true LSP.

Accumulator
11-06-2004, 10:34 AM
I think of them a cleaner waxes, just they way *I* categorize `em, but I can see the "less cleaner/more wax" idea too.

And yeah, I always top them too, but then I always topped my "regular cleaner wax" that I used back in the day.

The 1Z MP (pink consumer version) does hold up fairly well on its own, though, and it sure looks nice on some metallic paints.

JustinR32
11-06-2004, 10:40 AM
OK, where does #80 fit? I`d say along with these.

Tom

Accumulator
11-06-2004, 10:55 AM
I think of #80 as an abrasive polish despite its (minimal) protective qualities. In my experience the protection from #80 doesn`t last as long as that from other, less abrasive "fresh paint-friendly" stuff.

Scottwax
11-06-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Mosca

OK, where does #80 fit? I`d say along with these.

Tom

#80 is teh new hotness!

For me, #80 is the most aggressive product I can use and still go straight to an LSP. It is also something I can use on cars that have been repainted to remove any buffer swirls and still leave some protection until the wax is fully cured.