PDA

View Full Version : What`s best 1-step wax for neighborhood detailer?

Pages : [1] 2 3

imported_smprince1
11-05-2004, 07:18 AM
I just got started doing a few vehicles in the neighborhood for some pocket money. I had been using a 2-step process after washing (UPC/UPP or PwC/EX, etc.)

I wanted to offer a quicker (and cheaper) option for those who only want a basic exterior wash and 1-step wax.

What would you recommend? NXT? PwC alone? Megs #06? What else?

Many thanks in advance for your suggestions.

a.k.a. Patrick
11-05-2004, 07:33 AM
Id suggest something with some cleaning ability.....Moosewax is a good one step quicky.....if there just looking for something to clean and brighten....

acl99
11-05-2004, 07:39 AM
Meg`s #6 or #66 sound about right. Both are heavy duty cleaner waxes, with 66 having more cut.

Pondscum
11-05-2004, 07:39 AM
Klasse AIO. I has the best cleaners and polishers I`ve ever seen in a 1-step product. It`s also extremely durable and doesn`t stain trim. Use a very small amount of the product and it will be easy to remove. It doesn`t take much to get excellent results.

meGrimlock
11-05-2004, 08:19 AM
I throw my recommendation of Autoglym Super Resin Polish in. I have found it to have good cleaning ability with either a polishing pad on the PC, or when applied with a MF applicator. It seems to last a pretty good amount of time on my car too - I`d say around 2.5-3 months. This is on a daily driven car parked outside all of the time.

RedondoV6
11-05-2004, 08:40 AM
Megs ColorX is a very good one step, cheap and available OTC. Chemical cleaners, light abrasives and a polymer for protection. Worth a try for around $6! :)

ZaneO
11-05-2004, 08:41 AM
Klasse AIO.

There is a long thread somewhere about this very same topic.

Wasatch
11-05-2004, 10:04 AM
PwC, NXT, Tropi-Care TC-3

Sci-Fi
11-05-2004, 01:21 PM
In addition to the above suggestions, "IF" the paint is in good condition, you might want to try Auto Magic`s #79 Awesome Gloss polymer sealant @~$7 for 16oz or their #22 Wet Wax @~$5 for 16 oz. Both are non-abrasive. Mother`s waxes are often under rated but are good waxes and priced reasonably.

imported_Larry A
11-05-2004, 02:52 PM
Any cleaner wax from Meguiars or Mothers, for example Meg. cleaner wax , #6 and Color X, Mothers cleaner wax liquid or paste and Reflections. If you order online Klasse AIO, and Poorboys.

AlexRuiz
11-08-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by lawrencea

Any cleaner wax from Meguiars or Mothers, for example Meg. cleaner wax , #6 and Color X, Mothers cleaner wax liquid or paste and Reflections. If you order online Klasse AIO, and Poorboys.

Mothers carnauba cleaner wax is the safest bet. A true one-step wax. Reflections looks better, but doesn`t have the cleaning power of the carnauba cleaner wax.

Alex

stilez
11-08-2004, 02:36 PM
-Klasse AIO

-Color X

-NXT

I would say by machine would be more effective. Think about a PC if you already don`t have one :)

imported_mirrorfinishman
11-08-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by smprince1

I wanted to offer a quicker (and cheaper) option for those who only want a basic exterior wash and 1-step wax.

smprince1,

If you are going to offer a quicker and cheaper option; why do you think a prospective customer would choose to spend more money and purchase your 2-step process, rather than just go with your cheaper one step?

imported_liam
11-09-2004, 03:05 AM
its probably best to offer a few choices, if your like me (i detail others cars for extra cash aswell), you`ll have a heap of different products from your car.

explain the benefits and drawbacks of each, like polymer vs Carnuba for example and let them choose. that way they get what they want and will come back.

one stepper - AG SRP.

imported_mirrorfinishman
11-09-2004, 01:29 PM
When you begin to offer your detailing services to other people in the neighborhood you are basically becoming a Professional Detailer. As a Professional Detailer it is really up to you to choose what is best for the customers vehicle. I really don`t think it is a good idea to let the customer choose. Since you consider yourself the professional, they should be relying on your knowledge and experience.