PDA

View Full Version : Glass polish on inside of windshield

imported_memnuts
11-05-2004, 04:25 AM
Has anyone ever used a glass polish, in my case Zaino Z12, on the inside of their windshield? Are there any considerations?

I am speaking of GM glass (Escalade). The Z12 worked great on the outside with a PC and polishing pad. :bow

TIA

togwt
11-05-2004, 04:55 AM
~One manâ€â„¢s opinion / observations~

1. Do not use abrasive glass polish on after market-tinted glass or you will probably scratch the surface

2. Some windshields and mirrors have a tinted plastic coating or a blue tint that will scratch or be damaged, only polish or use synthetic wool on uncoated glass.

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted [each one / teach one]

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ JonM

Don
11-05-2004, 05:08 AM
I often use Rain-X on the insides of my windows. Sometimes I have to rebuff the glass a day or so later to remove some minor smearing that appears, but other than that it leave the glass crystal clear and subsequent cleanings are MUCH easier.

kompressornsc
11-05-2004, 05:27 AM
I would think that you would end up with a huge mess from the Z12 dust. I use it a lot, since my car is almost as much glass as paint (windshield/windows/hatchback & the entire roof is glass). I think of Z12 as something really aggressive to remove road grime & environmental contamination. Surely the insides of your windows aren`t dirty enough to require something so abrasive?

Andrew Timmins
11-05-2004, 05:42 AM
I use Autoglym Glass Polish for interior glass on my car with no problems. It tends to prevent hazing and misting issues much better than the spray on type glass cleaners. The spray on cleaners tend to smear a lot on the inside of the windscreen where as the polish drys much better and doesn`t leave a sticky residue. If you apply thinly enough dusting is a non- issue.

andriver
11-05-2004, 06:05 AM
I use 1Z Glas Polish. Works well in getting rid of haze. Works well.

imported_memnuts
11-05-2004, 07:57 AM
Thanks guys. The haze after normal cleaning always seems to re-appear after a few days. I have also used Z12 with very little or no dusting (small amount worked in very well). My main concern was any protective coating that may exist on the inside of the GM glass.

Mr. Clean
11-05-2004, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by TOGWT

~One manâ€â„¢s opinion / observations~

1. Do not use abrasive glass polish on after market-tinted glass or you will probably scratch the surface

2. Some windshields and mirrors have a tinted plastic coating or a blue tint that will scratch or be damaged, only polish or use synthetic wool on uncoated glass.

Just curious what manufacturer uses a plastic tint on their windshields? I have never seen this. The same goes for mirrors.

sgo
11-05-2004, 08:10 AM
You might try Adam`s Polishes "Detail Spray." So far it has worked extrmemely well on my TV screen and the outsides of my windows. I use 303 on the tinted (film) windows. I haven`t used anything on the inside of the windshield yet since cleaning it awhile back. It`s still clean.