PDA

View Full Version : Does the zaino swirl remover really work good?

jimmy213
11-03-2004, 07:13 PM
i have seen people say that they have to use a different swirl remover before they apply zaino beacuse the zaino swirl remover wont do it. i have a black car so swirls really do stand out.i was thinking if ordering zaino so what can you tell me about the whole system.im currently using p21s but it doesnt do a good job of covering swirls and it doesnt last as long were i live.

dternst
11-03-2004, 07:16 PM
There is no swirl remover in Zaino`s Product Line. Are you thinking about Z5?

eShine
11-03-2004, 07:17 PM
Zaino removes swirls like a mouse hunts cats.

jimmy213
11-03-2004, 08:04 PM
yeah the z-5 swirl and scratch remover

jimmy213
11-03-2004, 08:05 PM
so it doesnt work too good

ZaneO
11-03-2004, 08:13 PM
It only has very slight fillers. It is not meant in anyway to correct the condition of the finish.

jimmy213
11-03-2004, 08:17 PM
but will at least make them less visible

LouisanaJeeper
11-03-2004, 08:29 PM
no

BookemDano
11-03-2004, 08:35 PM
Z5 will make a slight improvement. Emphasis on "slight".

Z5 does have advantage - if you have some small chips in the paint, the Z5 fillers tend to dry darker than other sealants. I`ve used other clear sealants and they tend to make the chips more noticable.

Regardless of what product you choose, always prep the surface properly. Don`t expect the sealant to cure poor preparation.

Regards,

Dan.

TGates
11-03-2004, 08:55 PM
When using the Zaino system of sealants, I think Z5 does a good job of hiding swirls/marring you get in the actual layers of Zaino. As far as removing swirls..... no way.

imported_BretFraz
11-03-2004, 08:59 PM
There is no abrasive in Z5 so like others have said, it won`t remove swirls or scratches. It has very light swirl *filling* ability.

If you have swirl marks and scratches, you need to use the correct product and technique to remove or minimize them.

jimmy213
11-03-2004, 09:57 PM
what do u guys reccomend i use for removal of swirls on a black car.

BookemDano
11-03-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by jimmy213

what do u guys reccomend i use for removal of swirls on a black car.

Depends on the hardness of the paint and the extent of the swirls. I`ve had good luck with Menzerna IP and FPII. I use an orange or yellow LC 7.5" pad with the IP and a white LC 7.5" pad with FPII.

For heavier stuff, I`ve used a 3M polish with a yellow pad (I can`t remember which one). At that point you`re getting pretty aggressive, though. (You need to be careful.) Other folks are more expert on 3M products, so I`ll let them comment.

Regards,

Dan.

LouisanaJeeper
11-03-2004, 10:54 PM
search

that is all

imported_memnuts
11-04-2004, 04:14 AM
No prep = No Zaino.

Not a product fault but Zaino is a protectant. It contains no make-up to hide major surface defects from a less than quality prep or enhance the lack of depth the extremely important prep steps failed to expose. Z5 is a filler of only the most minor of surface marring.

I use Zaino on 2 black and one white vehicle but I have spent countless hours in prepping these finishes in order to maximize the appearance of the Zaino protected finish. I do the same meticulous prep for all my vehicles regardless of the final protectant used.

In other words, if you want the best appearance and protection PREP is the best "product" to locate. Where is find this "product":

DavidB`s e-book (disregard all the product endorsements and eat-up the techniques depicted) and the thousand`s of thread located under the "Search" function button. :xyxthumbs