PDA

View Full Version : Megs Final Detail vs Last Touch

Pats300zx
11-02-2004, 05:48 PM
I am down to about a half gallon of my Megs Final Detail and really like this stuff. It is my everyday go to QD. I have been told that it has been discontinued and replaced with Last Touch.

After doing some searching I have read that there are some issues with LT streaking.

Do FD users like the new Last Touch and find the two products similar???

I just wanted to know before I went out and bought another gallon of the Last Touch.

Thanks for your help.

Bill D
11-02-2004, 06:50 PM
I found FD to streak or look blothcy if sprayed with a conventional spray bottle so what I did to alleviate that problem is either have it in the Quik Detailer bottle or one of those pump cooking oil sprayer bottles. I have mine in the later and don`t have issues any more because the amount of FD is controlled nicely.

I suspect any issue with LT can be resolved the same way

joshcaro
11-02-2004, 07:43 PM
Where can you find Last Touch. Ive been wanting to grab some, but cant seem to find it.

Bill D
11-02-2004, 07:46 PM
I know Meguiars.com has and I think someone mentioned somewhere on here seperate sites that have it but I`m betting more and more of the more known ones ought to have it now.

joshcaro
11-02-2004, 07:50 PM
I found one site that has it, but you cant order online. I heard someone say PAC had it, but everytime on go on there I dont see it. Maybe I should email them, because I want to get some and I need some Poorboys and would like to order from one place.

AMP01
11-02-2004, 10:07 PM
Pats300zx,

I too have become a big fan of Final Detail and I was looking to buy another gallon. Can anyone chime in as to compare Last Touch to Final Detail?

Also, where can Last Touch be purchased on line?

Let us know!

Cheers,

imported_Aurora40
11-02-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Pats300zx

Do FD users like the new Last Touch and find the two products similar???

I like them about the same, but they are fairly different. Last Touch seems to stay wet a bit longer, so you have to make a few more passes to prevent hazing. But it smells better IMO, and seems to have a little bit more shine to it, slightly more pop. They are both nice products. Final Detail was a bit easier to use, though, IMO. :)

AMP01
11-02-2004, 10:23 PM
Does anyone know if Final Detail is still available anywhere?

Cheers,

03COBRA
11-02-2004, 10:53 PM
I am a very big fan of the Last Touch. I recently picked up this kit from this website has 32 oz bottle of Hyoer Dressing, Last touch, and some of their cleaner products. Here is the link, you can get all of the Meg`s products, but some have to be ordered over the phone!! Click on the Meg`s detailer line, and check out the sampler kit. Underneath there is all of the new products!

http://www.autodetailingsolutions.com/Detailer%20Sample%20Kit.jpg

http://www.autodetailingsolutions.com/

jax
11-03-2004, 05:31 PM
http://www.autodetailingsolutions.com/Meguiar`s%20Detailer%20Line%20Prices.htm

copy and paste

(You can just click the link now; I fixed it. -- Tort)

cheapshot
11-04-2004, 07:33 AM
O4cobra looks like a good deal, How do you like the other products?

03COBRA
11-04-2004, 08:19 AM
Tort-Thanks for fixinf the link, I tried the Copy and Paste but it was adding a couple of characters to the link. Thanks

CHEAPSHOT- I really like the LAst touch a lot. One nice thing about this kit is that they are all concentrates. They have to be dilluted, so you get a lot more than you think!! I really like the Hyper dressing, that is why I got the kit to be honest with you. I didn`t even realize that the last touch was in there until I got the kit! I used the degrease on some gunked up center caps and hubcaps on monday, it really works on grime really well! I have not used the Cleaner, or Glass cleaner yet, but I`m sure I will be happy with them! I got my bottles to dillute them from http://www.usplastic.com/ they have great deals on bottles for QD, and dressings. For people looking for smaller bottles for selants and liquid waxes and stuff, they make 4oz bottles. Check them out, they make great products!