PDA

View Full Version : Product/Pad Question

pjfreak
11-02-2004, 02:58 PM
I`m getting ready to place an order so I can detail my black car. The previous owner did not care for the paint that well so I have quite a few swirls and a couple scratches. I have a PC 7424 that I will be using.

After reading and searching the forum I believe I`m ready to place an order. What do you guys and gals think about my choices for this project? I want to use an agressive pad with DACP.

DACP - pad?

#80 - pad?

Men. IP

Men. FP

Zaino (Z5 and/or Z2)

What pads should I use? Are the orange pads the most agressive?

Thanks for the input.

zainoshine
11-02-2004, 04:31 PM
It depends whether you`re talking about the LC Orange pad or the Sonus Orange pad. Now correct me if I`m wrong (because I`m still relatively new to this) but I believe that the Sonus Orange pad is similar to the LC Yellow, a step up from LC Orange. Does it go something like this?

The pad under the

Sonus Pads.....Lake Country High Gloss Constant Pressure

Orange............Yellow

(N/A)................Orange

Green..............White

Blue.................Black/Grey

Black/Grey.......Red

If this is indeed correct, I`m using, for moderate swirls to start out:

LC Orange w/Menzerna IP

LC White OR Sonus Green w/ Menzerna FPII

Sonus Blue w/ Sonus Paintwork Cleanser

Hand application, using MF applicators, Zaino products.

Now, I don`t know how "heavy" cutting is with orange compared to yellow, but I`d think that at LEAST the LC Yellow would be reserved for the heavier and worse swirls/scratches, and that LC Orange would be the one you`d use most with your Menzerna IP.

However, I`m ordering these for myself, and I`ll try to try them all.....but this is just my opinion and understanding of things right now.

Thanks,

Carl

MongooseGA
11-02-2004, 04:46 PM
I don`t think the Sonus pad is comparable to the LC yellow pad. The 2 orange pads (I`ve used both) are very similar. The LC pad might even be a little more aggressie. I also used a more aggressive polish the first time I tried my LC pad, so it`s probably irrelavent.

The Sonus green pad I assume compares to the white polishing pad, if not less aggressive. Use this pad for your #80, after your Orange pad (either brand) or LC yellow pad with #83. Same goes for IP/FP. IP can use the orange pads and yellow pad, and I think the green/white pads would be better suited for the FP.

Hope this helped

:wavey

pjfreak
11-02-2004, 06:48 PM
Sounds great guys! Thanks for the great advice on the pads. Now what about my product selection?

zainoshine
11-02-2004, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the input, Mongoose! I learned something today! It`s nice to know the two oranges are in fact the same.......it really opens a few doors for me, but I`ll think I`ll still try both. The input was greatly appreciated!

Carl

MongooseGA
11-02-2004, 08:30 PM
Not a problem. I`ve learned everything I know from other members on this board. The least one can do is pass on what they know. :)

togwt
11-03-2004, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by MongooseGA

Not a problem. I`ve learned everything I know from other members on this board. The least one can do is pass on what they know. :)

:xyxthumbs Knowledge unshared is experience wasted [each one / teach one]