PDA

View Full Version : advice needed

bender
11-02-2004, 01:46 PM
Its time to update/ replace my detailing supplise so here is my list so far of stuff to buy:

->3m fi2 polish

->Klasse AIO polish

->Klasse Sealant glaze

->PC 7424 ( including 6" Hook & Loop Contour Pad and 6" Counterweight)

->(6) 6.5 " Lake country pads (orange,white, black)

->sonus pad wash

->meguire`s claybar

I already use the mr clean carwash system and use NXT for the wax. Is there anything else that would be worth getting? Also, can someone recommend a place to buy 3m fi2 polish from? Also, what is a good product that removes old wax from the paint. I want the paint to be free of all the old waxes and products before i add everything else. thanks

Lowejackson
11-02-2004, 02:39 PM
Welcome to Autopia :up

Your list looks fine. The AIO will remove any old wax. Dont foget you will also need MF towels

togwt
11-03-2004, 06:57 AM
Quote: Also, what is a good product that removes old wax from the paint. I want the paint to be free of all the old waxes and products before i add everything else. thanks

~One manâ€â„¢s opinion / observations~

Removing Wax or Polymer Sealants:

Use a product specially formulated for this purpose (Dupontâ€â„¢s Prepsol, Groit`s Paint Prep, or Rohm & Haas Acrysol) if you want to prepare a surface to evaluate its condition, apply a new product or re-paint it.

To prepare a paint surface first wash the surface with a citrus based product (P21S Total Wash) and then spray the wet surface with the paint cleaning product, work in small areas and allow to dry for five or six minutes(or use Griotâ€â„¢s Dried-On Wax Remover) Once the old wax or sealant is dissolved rinse the area with clean water and then dry with a waffle weave towel.

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted [each one / teach one]

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ JonM

bender
11-03-2004, 01:45 PM
thanks, and can anyone recommend a place to buy 3m fi2 polish? thanks