PDA

View Full Version : New NXT Products from Meguiars

SilverLexus
11-02-2004, 10:10 AM
http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=76

These look like a fairly good group of products. I do wonder about some of the microfiber; Megs seems a little late to the MF party, but I am glad they are offering this stuff.

The good news is that Megs is very available so finding the products should be easy.

I really see some great detailing tools in this batch of products. I also am intrigued about trying the NXT paste wax.

What are your thoughts?

Bill D
11-02-2004, 10:25 AM
I hope this stuff will be readily available, around here ,for me, it took some time, stuff was and still is too scattered around across too many stores. I also saw a lot of empty slots or no slots at all for the products.

Setec Astronomy
11-02-2004, 10:27 AM
Despite my comments in another thread, all the brushes do look good, not sure what will happen to the Grip Tech brushes they sell now, which are also good quality/reasonable price.

I hope David B. is right that if some of the new NXT products are superior, it will result in dropping some of the redundant products from their line.

I guess this is just another permutation of today`s marketing. Back in the old days, Coke was Coke, if you didn`t like it you drank 7-up...now Coke has to have their own 7-up, because heaven forbid you drink another brand...Coke has to be everything to everybody (just using Coke as an example, insert your favorite product genre). I mean, Nissan, Honda and Toyota sprouted Infiniti, Acura and Lexus. Of course, GM and Chrysler finally decided they had overdone it...Olds and Plymouth are gone...Mercury maybe...Buick has no small cars anymore.

Sorry, I`m rambling.

Wasatch
11-02-2004, 11:49 AM
At this time I might try a few products, but by the time they come out I might not.

MattZ28
11-02-2004, 12:39 PM
I really wanna try the NXT paste as long as it`s not a cleaner wax. That, and the detail spray.

stilez
11-02-2004, 01:00 PM
Jeez that`s a lot of products :)

I probably won`t jump on anything until they hit stores or I hear a lot of positive views.

I have WAYYY to many products to go through right now :)

PS - Where is the NXT Paint Polysh? Thought they woulda added that one.

SilverLexus
11-02-2004, 01:28 PM
"I have WAYYY to many products to go through right now"

Same here - I`m on the Autopia diet - so many products that I am starving my food budget. :)

They should have a paint polish. This would seem to be necessary to move some of us off the boutique product list. Maybe they feel Autopians are not big enough in numbers that they are conceding the boutique/high end area of detailing and targeting the masses.

Bill D
11-02-2004, 01:31 PM
I got in touch with my local Meguiars distributor, he says the absolute earliest he might get the stuff in would be in December but more likely than not up to February; so, that is a good thing for budgets !

ZaneO
11-02-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by MattZ28

I really wanna try the NXT paste as long as it`s not a cleaner wax.

Well, if it is anything like the NXT liquid, it will be cleaner/abrasive.