PDA

View Full Version : Received my Exceldetail PC pads yesterday

Pages : [1] 2

imported_memnuts
11-02-2004, 07:51 AM
Receiving my order for 2 of ExcelDetail PC pads (polishing and finishing pads) today (Monday 11/1). Patrick shipped them last Thursday and they were at my home on Monday. Cali- Va, what service!!!!

They appear well constructed with excellent foam texture. The true test is the velco pad connection to the foam but my initial impression is that it appears quite secure.

Can`t wait to try them this week and I will report back on all performance perimeters.

Thanks Patrick for taking care of my order so quickly.:bounce

No candy? :(

Here is a picture of the polishing pad.

a.k.a. Patrick
11-02-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

No candy? :(

Here is a picture of the polishing pad.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

MongooseGA
11-02-2004, 12:40 PM
It looks like a Sonus pad.

Do you mind if I ask what the total cost was? Does he also have any yellow/orange cutting pads? I have been very, very pleased with my Sonus pads, and I loved how sturdy the velcro was and the way it covered the majority of the pad.

I might look into to an order sometime soon.

BTW, check the Hot Tub. I`m trying to get everyone to commit to a weekend for our get-together.

Scottwax
11-02-2004, 03:02 PM
I really like the blue pads that Patrick sells. The backing seems to be very durable too.

joshcaro
11-02-2004, 03:18 PM
Finally someone who has commented on his pads. I been waiting and searching for someone who has purchased these pads. I have no bought a PC yet for the fact that Im still trying to determine what pads I want.

I bought about 40 towels from Patrick a few weeks ago and can not express how well he has treated me. Although he does not have a good memory at times:)

His pads seem as good as Sonus or the LC pads at a fraction of the cost not mentioning he charges the true shipping fees. His pad kit is set at a very very nice price. Thanks guys for this post as I will be ordering some from him very soon.

a.k.a. Patrick
11-02-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by CutNAction

Although he does not have a good memory at times:)

Thanks for reminding me Josh !

LMAO!!!!!!!! Huh ?

Spilchy
11-02-2004, 05:30 PM
What size backing plate goes with those?

Are they less aggressive than the white LC polish pads or the same? I know TOL sells blue pads that are lighter polish pads compared to the white LC ones.

Who makes them?

tkr128
11-02-2004, 08:01 PM
I too bought the pads a while ago, but have yet to try them. They feel excellent and look very well constructed. The 5" backing plate is also very nice.

imported_memnuts
11-03-2004, 03:42 AM
The pads are $7.95 ea. plus any discount Patrick my be running and the shipping cost to your location. Excellent price for the quality of the pads. Thanks Scott for commenting on the durability because I have yet tried them but looking forward to doing so this week. My frame of reference will be my favorite Meg pads (similiarly priced @ 3 for $25).:D

HotRodGuy
11-06-2004, 10:47 AM
Good to hear, Patrick sent me these pads about 2 months ago, but I keep forgetting to bring them w/ me. I will definately be using them on my next detail.

These look identical to the Sonus` pads.

ARe you using a flexible 5" backing plate w/ it? This is what has really prevented me from using them as I have a 6" plate and a 5" megs plate that I haven`t used (I`m not 100% please w/ Megs plate quality so it`s still wrapped in the bag)

imported_memnuts
11-06-2004, 03:31 PM
I will be using a hard 6" backing plate (TOL). There is enough edge coverage for me with these pads.

Bill D
11-06-2004, 03:34 PM
I`d be interested in Cyclo size (4") pads if possible.

AlexRuiz
11-06-2004, 07:41 PM
Patrick, would you be introducing more pads in the future (cutting or 4" for example)?

Scottwax
11-06-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Bill D

I`d be interested in Cyclo size (4") pads if possible.

After playing around with a loaner Cyclo for a couple weeks, I envision a permanent need for 4" pads in my future. :xyxthumbs

a.k.a. Patrick
11-06-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by AlexRuiz

Patrick, would you be introducing more pads in the future (cutting or 4" for example)?

Alex, I will PM you with some info !