PDA

View Full Version : Warning for new PC users

Pages : [1] 2

texas328ci
11-01-2004, 08:07 PM
So I used my PC for the first time yesterday. Just a tip for the other newbies...

Do NOT take the PC off the Car while polishing at speed 6 without shutting the PC off first! :scared

I could have killed someone with the orange sonus pad that flew across my garage at speed 6! :D

cwcad
11-01-2004, 08:17 PM
have been using pads from LC since becoming a member. have never lost a pad. do not want to sound like a wise a## but that is not a very good testimonial for Sonus.

6']['9
11-01-2004, 08:21 PM
you think thats bad, try getting hit by a pad coming off a rotory. :)

2159ClassicRed
11-01-2004, 08:37 PM
Wow these things are suppose to do good things...........not kill people :(...............hehe.......hope nothing was damaged?

Happy Motoring,

Kurt

texas328ci
11-01-2004, 08:40 PM
Nope, nothing was damaged...luckily. Gave me quite a scare though!

Setec Astronomy
11-01-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by texas328ci

Nope, nothing was damaged...luckily. Gave me quite a scare though!

You should practice aiming it...keeps the kids in line...

andrew300
11-01-2004, 08:45 PM
wow i have the sonus pads and the backing plate and those things really stick to the backing plate. the pc must spin pretty fast to knock those things off. guess i have to wait and see :)

texas328ci
11-01-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Setec Astronomy

You should practice aiming it...keeps the kids in line...

:rofl I`ll have to remember that! :rofl

MongooseGA
11-01-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by cwcad

have been using pads from LC since becoming a member. have never lost a pad. do not want to sound like a wise a## but that is not a very good testimonial for Sonus.

This couldn`t be considered a testimonial for Sonus. Just a helpful warning. One of the main rules of using the PC is to never spin the machine without touching a surface at any upper speed. People often spin dry their pads, but I believe most of them keep it down on 2,3, and 4. The pad did its job, and came off with the appropriate amount of force :)

TW85 HHI
11-01-2004, 09:00 PM
Once there is not any pressure on the pad, it is free to rotate at a high speed. With the PC set at speed 6, the speed of rotation of the pad just exceeds the strength of the velcro.

pocon1
11-01-2004, 09:01 PM
Huh, I have spin dryed my blue, orange, and green pads several times each at 6. Works like a charm. Sometimes I give it a good shake to get rid of more water. I am wondering if the pad was mounted lopsided, that might do it. It is a little bit of a pain to get the pads even. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries.

MongooseGA
11-01-2004, 09:03 PM
That might be it, but I thik you might just be a lucky guy so far. I had a pad rip apart; literally rip into chunks; and fly into my neighbors yard. Do a search for my name and "PC* Pad" to see the outcome :shocked:

texas328ci
11-01-2004, 09:07 PM
If it was lopsided, it was only very slight. Though I thought of that and did take more care centering the next few pads. After the incedent I did not remove the pads without switching the pc off first, so I can`t comment on the centering. I don`t plan on even trying that again...though I may try spin drying on 2 or 3...only if I need a pad right away though. I bought a bunch of extras, so I shouldn`t need to do that either.

texas328ci
11-01-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by MongooseGA

That might be it, but I thik you might just be a lucky guy so far. I had a pad rip apart; literally rip into chunks; and fly into my neighbors yard. Do a search for my name and "PC* Pad" to see the outcome :shocked:

Ouch! If it hit their car, you`d surely owe them a complimentary session :D

MongooseGA
11-01-2004, 10:50 PM
:D I got lucky. Their house is on the side of our yard with the small `side yard`. The only thing it hit was a bush against their house.