PDA

View Full Version : differences between 303 and meguiars?

aznatama
11-01-2004, 10:54 AM
I searched and didn`t find any comparisons, so I`m wondering if anyone`s done a comparison between the 303 and meguiar`s vinyl and rubber protectant?

stevet
11-01-2004, 11:01 AM
What Megs Vinyl and Rubber protectant are you talking about? There are several in Megs line up. #40, NXT Protectant, the consumer version in the red bottle (forget the name), and a couple in the detailer line.

For UV protection 303 is the best.

Bill D
11-01-2004, 11:15 AM
I understand #40 to have some cleaning ability while 303 is generally more of a protectant, as noted, 303 apparently has the highest UV protection.

Mike_Phillips
11-01-2004, 12:12 PM
Since I see this thread come up from time to time, after SEMA, I`ll check with R&D to see what they say about UV protection. There is only so much UV protection any product can provide. Just as important as protecting against UV rays is keeping the surface cleaned & conditioned. Because most people don`t pre-clean their vinyl with a dedicated cleaner like Meguiar`s #39 Vinyl Cleaner, in order to prevent coating over the dirt with a product that offers no cleaning ability, product like #40 do contain a light chemical cleaner. This is a benefit to the user as it cleans dirt from the surface versus sealing it in.

I can`t think of a single detail I`ve ever done when I`ve worked on vinyl with the #40 that I didn`t turn my white terry cloth towel over to see dirt the #40 removed from the vinyl.

For brand new vinyl, or pre-cleaned vinyl, then a protectant without any cleaning ability would be just fine.

Mike