PDA

View Full Version : No Time.....#26 Paste for winter?

cspoly
11-01-2004, 08:05 AM
Work is kicking my *ss and I can`t seem to find a day to give my ride a full detail before it starts to snow....I`m in NYC.

How would #26 fair in the winter months? I know lengevity is an issue....so I will be re-applying around christmas and then again Early Feb.

Will it hold up against salty roads and other winter nasties?

Thanks

George

Pondscum
11-01-2004, 08:25 AM
#26 wouldn`t be a bad choice. It`s a blended wax which contains several types of natural and synthetics. Natural waxes don`t last nearly as long as synthetics.

#26 has no cleaners or polishers. So if your surface is not perfect before you use it, you`re not going to get great results, but if your objective is just protection this may not matter to you.

My first choice would be Klasse AIO in this situation. It`s an acrylic resin which lasts extremely well.

Glossequation
11-01-2004, 08:43 AM
I just did #16 topped with #26, got the best of both worlds with #16`s incredible durability and #26`s depth. This will hold me over until March.

cspoly
11-01-2004, 09:51 AM
Hey Pondscum....yes this is out of necessity...I typically use AIO/NXT/#26 and love the results

Blackcaraddict.....what is the diff between #16 and #26 that gives #16 better durability?

Thanks

George

Glossequation
11-01-2004, 10:18 AM
GFarra -

If you speak to experts on #16, they`ll tell you its a "heavy" wax. As to what makes it heavy, I am not sure but probably has something to do with the composition of the ingredients. I think of it as heavy because you must apply it in thin, thin coats and not let it setup for too long otherwise you won`t have fun taking it off. While this is a drawback to some (especially for those who swear by P21S/S100), its durability in my opinion very much offsets this.

If Mike Phillips is around, he can elaborate on #16 some more. Its my favorite year-round wax.

Inzane
11-01-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by GFarra

How would #26 fair in the winter months? I know lengevity is an issue....so I will be re-applying around christmas and then again Early Feb.

Will it hold up against salty roads and other winter nasties?

I live in Northern Alberta and I had pretty good success with #26 last winter. I applied it in mid-October and it seemed to last until the beginning of January.

I used the liquid #26, after a full by-hand detail of clay, #9, #7 then #26.

Towards the end of January I applied a coat of #20 Polymer Sealant and that seemed to get me through the rest of our winter until about April or so.

I can recommend both the #26 and #20. In fact #26 over #20 would probably be even better. But I haven`t tried the paste version before.

cspoly
11-01-2004, 04:33 PM
Hey Inzane!

I used to religiously use #20 topped with #26. I have a silver car and it looked awesome! I tried NXT this spring topped with #26 paste....my last detailing was done in July.....I just washed the car yesterday and it still beads and feels slick....I`m amazed!

George