PDA

View Full Version : scratches that won`t come out w/ DACP

aznatama
10-31-2004, 10:40 PM
ok, my friend`s M3 has a few scratches in it that don`t appear too deep. We hit it several times with a PC, LC yellow variable contact foam pad, and #83. the thing is, most of the smaller scratches around it came out, but the ones we`re concerned about didn`t come out as expected.

what do you guys suggest for this situation? the scratches can`t even be felt by hand, so they`re not that deep, but it`s not comming out?

I`m thinking about trying the orange LC cutting pad w/ the #83. would that make a differrence?

the only thing I can think of now is to use some 2000grit on it and then buff it out w/ DACP.

??

aznatama
11-01-2004, 10:49 AM
anyone?

stevet
11-01-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by aznatama

ok, my friend`s M3 has a few scratches in it that don`t appear too deep. We hit it several times with a PC, LC yellow variable contact foam pad, and #83. the thing is, most of the smaller scratches around it came out, but the ones we`re concerned about didn`t come out as expected.

I`m thinking about trying the orange LC cutting pad w/ the #83. would that make a differrence?

The orange pad is less agressive than the yellow pad.

I have had good results removing defects that DACP can`t handle with 3M Perfect It III Rubbing Compound.

You might need a rotary. Some things are beyond the abilities of a PC.

Bill D
11-01-2004, 11:13 AM
I`ve had similar experience with DACP, might need to bump up to something like 1z Ultra and acutting pad. The rotary certainly isn`t out of the question either.

Lowejackson
11-01-2004, 11:18 AM
I would try several more passes with DACP and maybe a tad more pressure.

audio1der
11-01-2004, 02:47 PM
Scratch-X:xyxthumbs

kpounds
11-01-2004, 06:58 PM
I find that Meguiars #2 Fine Cut Cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/megsno2fincu.html) takes out a few more scratches than DACP. Can also try Megs Medium Cut Cleaner.

cheapshot
11-02-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by audio1der

Scratch-X:xyxthumbs

Meguiars.com has some good instruction on using this.

Also are you using your hand or your finger nail? Most scratches you can`t feel with your hand, if you do it`s probably a dent. If your finger nail catches the scratch, it may be to far down, but try some Scratch-X it will at least improve it.