PDA

View Full Version : And ANOTHER product I don`t care for; EO WAUD

Pages : [1] 2

JustinR32
10-31-2004, 09:53 PM
I think with this one, I got the same results that everyone else gets, but I don`t like the look. It`s all shine and reflection, and no depth. I had to re-wax the car to get the richness of color back, because the artificial shine of the WAUD hid the redness.

I gave the stuff to my Bro-in-law.

Tom

Setec Astronomy
10-31-2004, 10:04 PM
Man, seems like you`re having a bad day.

JustinR32
10-31-2004, 10:14 PM
Naw, but sometimes I think that some people see me as an "I like everything" guy. If I don`t like something, I back burner it and retry it a few months later. So usually the bad reviews never get written because it`s so much more fun to rave than it is to rant.

The rest of the CK stuff is waiting to get tried.

I also don`t like Collinite. Nor Liquid Souveran. And #16 is just OK. And Natty`s is decent enough, but with all the other great waxes out there, I gave that one away, too.

Tom

Scottwax
10-31-2004, 10:47 PM
Maybe you should just curl up with a cup of hot chocolate and a bottle of #26. ;)

a.k.a. Patrick
10-31-2004, 11:13 PM
Tom, your first mistake was expecting more than the product can deliver ! Im sure your satisfied with the initial results ? It does leave a good shine, and the surface does feel great, and adds an ever so slight amt of additional protection? Right ? It gets you through to the next wash, and thats right over the plate in my book ! Sorry you didnt care for it, it really does deliver. Course CK QS is hard to beat in my book.

Ya had to mention ya didnt care for #16, I was jest getting the nerve to purchase it!

Scottwax
10-31-2004, 11:18 PM
Patrick-only way to know for sure if you like #16 is to try it yourself. Your Meguiars distributor should have it for around $11 or so (at least mine did). Maybe Tom will trade you his #16 for something you have?

imported_NHBFAN
10-31-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Mosca

I also don`t like Collinite. Nor Liquid Souveran. And #16 is just OK. And Natty`s is decent enough, but with all the other great waxes out there, I gave that one away, too.

Tom

I`m with you Tom!

#16 is ok, Collinite is just good for durabiltiy, Liquid Sourveran and Natty`s were disappointing.

WAUD sucks!

Oh, yeah ... I`m not a big fan of SG either.

JustinR32
11-01-2004, 08:09 AM
Patrick,

#16 does exactly what everyone says it does, the difference is in the value placed on the results. Like Scott says, try it yourself and see. I have a couple cans of it, maybe I`ll trade you one, but I can`t write back until this evening.

Tom

ALAN81
11-01-2004, 04:05 PM
SEE that`s what makes everone different

I like Collinite for the winter(it does what it says)

I really like LS and on black it looks great

#16 is a old school wax and I like it also

Natties is a nice wax that gives a clear look

DIFFERENT STROKES that is what makes this board go!

Corey Bit Spank
11-01-2004, 05:14 PM
I like WAUD. :gotme:

imported_Larry A
11-01-2004, 09:26 PM

Naw, but sometimes I think that some people see me as an "I like everything" guy. If I don`t like something, I back burner it and retry it a few months later. So usually the bad reviews never get written because it`s so much more fun to rave than it is to rant.

The rest of the CK stuff is waiting to get tried.

Tom Now that we know what you DONT like, what do you like , maybe some of us like the same thing.

JustinR32
11-01-2004, 10:02 PM
I`ve written a dozen reviews for the reviews section, but the short take is that I really like #26, the Menzernas, Souv Paste, every QD I`ve tried, most Mother`s stuff...

I prefer deep and glossy over bright and shiny. I prefer soft and wet looking over hard and dry looking. Where most "wet" looking products let me down is in the depth and darkness.

And, it`s not that the products I don`t like are lousy; it`s that they don`t appeal to my aesthetic. If there is only one product that does what I prefer better, then the others aren`t for me. I mean, I used the Klasse twins once, and now I pass out 2 oz samples to people who want to know if it`s any good. I think it`s good, but it`s not for me.

Tom

imported_NHBFAN
11-01-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by lawrencea

Now that we know what you DONT like, what do you like , maybe some of us like the same thing.

I know you were directing this at Mosca, but I`ll chime it as well:

Things I really like:

VM

S100

All Meg`s "tan bottle" polishes

AIO

NXT vinyl protectant

NXT high tech wax on light colors

PB`s products for "sun" applications.

imported_Larry A
11-02-2004, 10:34 AM

I`ve written a dozen reviews for the reviews section, but the short take is that I really like #26, the Menzernas, Souv Paste, every QD I`ve tried, most Mother`s stuff...

I prefer deep and glossy over bright and shiny. I prefer soft and wet looking over hard and dry looking. Where most "wet" looking products let me down is in the depth and darkness.

And, it`s not that the products I don`t like are lousy; it`s that they don`t appeal to my aesthetic. If there is only one product that does what I prefer better, then the others aren`t for me. I mean, I used the Klasse twins once, and now I pass out 2 oz samples to people who want to know if it`s any good. I think it`s good, but it`s not for me.

Tom Id like to try Klasse AIO, any more left.

imported_memnuts
11-02-2004, 12:07 PM
Does anyone else think the WAUD smells just like the liquid wax one smells at the coin wash places? :nixweiss