PDA

View Full Version : Is wax or sealant safe... for a kitchen countertop!!??

AlexRuiz
10-31-2004, 01:20 AM
I don`t know if the hot tub is the appropiate place for this one, but I will try here first. ;)

After reading the sucess stories about applying car waxes / sealants to sinks and showers I decided to give it a try..... Wow, what a difference! The sinks look waaay better and are much easier to clean, the faucets look bettter than new, but the top improvement is in the shower glass doors. Day and night!

I used several products in differents places to test them (TWPUG, Mothers cranauba cleaner wax, Eagle one nanowax) and so far after 2 weeks all of them are working as good as day 1 :up

I haven`t tried yet the shower walls (ceramic tile), but I think it should work. The place that is getting my attention are the kitchen countertops (formica or similar). Cleaning them gets tough sometimes. I think that a good waxing should help. I don`t know however is the material is not affected by car wax in any way.

What do you suggest? Should I do it or no? Cleaner wax or natural carbauba? Wax or sealant?

In case the answer is "yes, go ahead" I am not planning on clay bar, polishing and glazing so save the suggestion of #80 and VM for another time :p

Alex

scottabir
10-31-2004, 01:32 AM
Go for the Souveran Jar :D

AlexRuiz
10-31-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by scottabir

Go for the Souveran Jar :D

I was thinking about a Zymol estate glaze... ;)

So, I assume it is safe. Now, carnauba or synthetic?

scottabir
10-31-2004, 03:07 PM
I would go with carnauba. if dark colored tops or UPP if they are light :D maybe some ex topped with TS. thats always nice.

imported_pugoman
10-31-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by AlexRuiz

I am not planning on clay bar, polishing and glazing so save the suggestion of #80 and VM for another time

The VM would work a treat on your glass shower doors! ;)