PDA

View Full Version : Newbie.WOW

Pages : 1 [2]

jeff5614
10-31-2004, 11:45 AM
Poorboys and Einszett (1Z) make some good polishes too. There are a lot of good ones, just up to your own taste as far as what works the best. You can find 1Z and some good MF`s here at autopia. Poorboys you can get at poorboysworld.com and premiumautocare.com. Enjoy your new obsession.

If you`ve not already, read all you can in the learn section and download David`s ebook.

BluGas
10-31-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by saling4

Now that I have found swirls in my single stage off white paint , What do I use to get rid of them?

I use 3M MG 39012 with pc and green sonus pad on my wife`s car and had great results

Accumulator
10-31-2004, 12:47 PM

Don`t get me talking about swirl marks. They didn`t exist a few months ago and now I see them everywhere.

Heh heh, that sounds like my wife. Since being married to me she now points out defects on supposedly "flawless" cars and asks what it`d take to fix them.

I have found swirls in my single stage off white paint , What do I use to get rid of them?

SS white is generally some of the hardest paint there is. The bad news is that you might have to use something pretty aggressive and it can be a bit much to do without a rotary. The good news is that just minimizing them can work wonders on white.

You might try 1Z Ultra/Extra, followed by PP or 3M PI-III RC (05933) followed by PI-III MG (05937/39012 depending on size).

saling4
11-01-2004, 12:11 AM
Read on here to use AA foam on the Engine.......So I did....WOWSA!!!!! Need to be a little more Autopian about it, but I can`t believe how much the cold trucks (88 & 89 Ford Ranger, 240.000 & 140.000 miles respectively) have changed. My customers can`t believe they are that old. I can`t thank ya`ll enough for your help and views.

2159ClassicRed
11-01-2004, 02:29 AM
Seems as if the rumors are true about the people of autopia being highly addicted to where the cash will just go out fast :(.

I`ve feared this a lot, as I`m a very conservative car detailer, nothing special, just the basics here. I`ve always wowed over the transformations I see on this forum, and just wonder how if I could do those transformations :). I hope to not get too deep in the wallet, yet enough to make my Miata looking top notch!

Happy Motoring,

Kurt