PDA

View Full Version : Pads, why cann`t I

SVTKLR
10-30-2004, 09:21 AM
Hi all, New here but have been lurking for awhile. Bought a PC and Sonus pad kit and I have a question. I am only doing this for my two personal cars. So why cann`t I use say my finishing pad to apply NXT. Clean my pad and let it dry and then use the same pad for #16. I keep reading about not mixing product on the same pad but I hate to spend a fortune for pads for 2 cars. So if somebody could please tell me the downside to this I would appreciate it.Or lets say I try PP on my orange pad but it does not do the job. Why cann`t I use the same pad with UPP.

Thanks

cwcad
10-30-2004, 09:34 AM
i would think that there would be no reason not to do it. there certainly sould be a lag time between coats as the pad dry`s. i have to admit that i am a sucker for new pads because they do an awesome job. each one works differently for each application. HEY, do what you want! we all do it a little different. just make sure that the surface it prepped rite!

Alfisti
10-30-2004, 09:49 AM
#16 would leave wax residue which would likely interfere with the all synthetic NXT.

Different abrasive polishes contain different chemistries and particle sizes - cutting polish residue can contaminate a finishing polish application.

Best not to mix chemistries...it can create unexpected (and undesirable) results.

Best to wash pads well if you want to use the same pads for different products.

YukonG
10-30-2004, 09:53 AM
You should have no problem using the same pad as long as you clean it thouroughly and let it dry completely. I clean my pads with Dawn and warm water and have had no problem using them to apply another product. One thing to keep in mind is that I only use the same type of product for each pad. That is to say, that I will only use another wax on the pad that I use for waxing and will only use anther polish on the pad that I use for polishing.

stevet
10-30-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by YukonG

You should have no problem using the same pad as long as you clean it thouroughly and let it dry completely. I clean my pads with Dawn and warm water and have had no problem using them to apply another product. One thing to keep in mind is that I only use the same type of product for each pad. That is to say, that I will only use another wax on the pad that I use for waxing and will only use anther polish on the pad that I use for polishing.

Same thing I do and I have no problems with this:up