PDA

View Full Version : paste vs liquid in durability (TW Platinum Ultra Gloss)?

ktlimq
10-29-2004, 09:55 PM
I contacted TW about durability issue.

I told them about a test in which TW Platinum Ultra Gloss Liquid showed poor durability:

http://forums.roadfly.org/forums/detailing/5256389-1.html

They suggested a couple of coats of TW Platinum Ultra Gloss Paste if I want durable protection.

I am confused. In CR test, liquids version lasted longer than paste version in many cases: Meguiars Cleaner Wax liguid lasted longer than Meguiars Cleaner Wax paste, Turtle Wax Super Hard Shell liquid lasted longer than Turtle Wax Super Hard Shell paste, . . .

SilverLexus
10-30-2004, 12:35 AM
"They suggested a couple of coats of TW Platinum Ultra Gloss Paste if I want durable protection."

BS detector just went into the red zone...

TW85 HHI
10-30-2004, 12:53 AM
Well, theoretically it would be more durable with multiple coats but the unanswered question is, "just how much more durable?"

I have not left a paste wax on my car long enough to know if a paste is more durable, but everything I have read suggests pastes are more durable.

ALAN81
10-30-2004, 09:09 AM
I just wondering why you contacted the company after one test?There should be a few tests before you know for a fact.let me tell you that Nano wax has no durability NONE NONE maybe 2 weeks the most and they sent me a case for free,how many tests did I do 6 and they all came back ther same.Then they didn`t like TC which I recieved way different results.Do a search and see what people really thinkof the products EVERYBODY is DIFFERENT.Just for the hell of it back in the summer I used TWLG and it did a great job and still is lasting, I never go by one test it`s just not fair.

jvcn
10-30-2004, 09:33 AM
Since the initial shine looks good, how does the TW Ultra compare to other short lasting waxes such as s100 or Zymol or Souveran? Does it make a good topper for a longer-lasting sealant?

ALAN81
10-30-2004, 05:42 PM
I would use TWUG as a topper but that is just me.I think it is more durabill then the Souvern /S100/or ZYMOL.you know those waxes only give you 2 months the most I think TWUG will give you more.BUT ONLY TWUG no other TW product

AlexRuiz
10-31-2004, 12:59 AM
I am skeptical of Steve`s obsession to wash with dawn for every product. As a happy user of the TWPUG liquid I can tell you it lasts at least 2 months. Yes, it loses most of the slickness after the first wash, but the water beading remains and most of the shine remains. The more you wash the faster you reduce the beading.

I have not tried the past version, so maybe I will. However, the liquis is a dream to apply and remove, and with an orbital buffer (even a cheapie one) applying another coat is a quick task.

Alex

ALAN81
10-31-2004, 06:27 AM
I can only tell you that I never cared for any TW wax product but this TWUG is different.It is not the best but I did see crappier products with big names on them