PDA

View Full Version : Raining, washing anyway.

CharlesW
04-20-2003, 05:44 PM
The neighbors are now sure where they were just guessing before. Yes, I am crazy. It was raining very lightly when I decided to wash my wife`s GP. Now I am not a complete idiot, just close. It is supposed to stop raining tonight and now she will have a clean car when she leaves the house early in the morning. Washed it in the driveway, drove it in the garage to dry. Looks terrific and I enjoyed the looks from the neighbors.
It isn`t the first time, so they should be used to it by now.:)

jgv
04-20-2003, 05:52 PM
Thanks Charles... Now I don`t feel alone http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/h0/jump.gif

This is a great advantage of having a garage and some Spray & Wipe, now I don`t feel crazy so many times. http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/c0/skullgrin.gif

EBPcivicsi
04-20-2003, 09:18 PM
I did the exact same thing today! The rain is supposed to be gone after midnight so I washed during light rain and pulled it in the garage. My neighbors think I am INSANE!!!! When I see them at the gas station they are always like "ok your the guy who`s always outside washing your cars". So here`s my question, do you think it is crazier to wash in the rain or when it is so cold that before you can rinse the section you just washed the soap and water freezes?

eem11
04-20-2003, 09:29 PM
I am glad to see there are more like me! The neighbors ( and wife) think I have lost my mind. I am always trying to make my truck look good. This is a great forum, have learned alot here, stuff I didn`t even know was out there.

CharlesW
04-20-2003, 09:29 PM
Definitely when the water/soap freezes. Crazy as I am, I don`t wash outside in freezing weather.

EBPcivicsi
04-20-2003, 09:31 PM
I guess I am certifiably insane and you are just self diagnosed crazy!!:D

Beemerboy
04-21-2003, 11:37 AM
Can I join the club here....LOL

If you guys are looking for a way to get the car really dry. Use your leaf blower to get teh water out of the mirrors, molding, lights, etc.

It helps a lot on those days when you do nto have the sun to help!

Keep-em Clean!

ashsarna
04-21-2003, 11:55 AM
Beemerboy, I agree!!

I use the leaf blower more for the car than the leaves:D .