PDA

View Full Version : EX vs CM

6']['9
10-29-2004, 04:16 PM
I noticed cleaning out the closet the other day that my EX has separated like it has oils in it. Well the CM didnt separate but i was thinking, i know the EX adds more wetness but how much more durable is the CM compared to EX. Anyone have any experiences w/ these? thanks

Scottwax
10-29-2004, 07:38 PM
CM as in Clearkote`s Carnauba Moose?

I have a gallon...well, less than half a gallon now! of EX and I have noticed some separation, but a quick shake mixes it all back up nicely.

I`ve detailed cars using CMW and EX that are still beading after 4-5 months. EX feels a bit slicker though. For example, I just washed a Hummer H2 today that I had polished with PwC and sealed with EX on August 27th, and 2 months and 2 days later, not only is it beading like crazy but the paint is still noticably slick.

6']['9
10-29-2004, 09:08 PM
so would you perfer the EX over the CM?

Scottwax
10-30-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by 6`][`9

so would you perfer the EX over the CM?

On dark paint, yes but I like CMW on lighter colors since it doesn`t seem to darken them.

Funny thing though, I think CMW looks better on my black Mazda than EX. :nixweiss

Neither is very expensive, you might want to try both and see which one you like more. I don`t really have a clear favorite.