PDA

View Full Version : Need help with NXT

07bsmcrewmax
10-29-2004, 04:01 PM
I have used Zaino for many years with good results. I want to try out Meguiar`s NXT. Is there anything I need to do before applying the NXT over Zaino? I plan on doing a Dawn wash and all the other usual steps. Also, how is the durability of NXT?

nonwelder
10-29-2004, 04:06 PM
I would venture to say that you could just apply NXT over Zaino if you are happy with the surface already. I have had pretty good luck with durability. Not great, but not terrible either. It`s a very decent product, in my opinion.

Brett

imported_BretFraz
10-29-2004, 04:34 PM
The fact that Zaino is on there now doesn`t change anything. NXT will work fine on top of Zaino or pretty much anything else. Go ahead and slap on the NXT. It`ll work just like most other products - apply, let it set up for 10 mins or so, remove.

Scottwax
10-29-2004, 08:00 PM
No need to wash with Dawn either. NXT has light cleaners that prep the surface to help it bond. I`ve even used it over carnaubas with no problems.

Craigster
11-01-2004, 08:19 AM
I went with NXT over 3x Zaino Z5 on my Mustang. Went on easy, looks fantastic afterward.

Here`s a pic:

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=2937

Pondscum
11-01-2004, 09:07 AM
Both Zaino and NXT are polymer waxes. There shouldn`t be a problem using one over the other. NXT contains some cleaner/polishing ingredients, so it will remove some of the Zaino as it is applied. If you plan on doing a Dawn wash, claying, cleaning, polishing first then there will be very little if any Zaino left anyway.

I`m not sure why you would want to do this. NXT is a very good product, but if applied correctly Zaino is a superior product in just about every way. NXT is designed to be a very good product for a novice who just washes his vehicle and slaps one or two coats of wax on. Zaino is designed as a product for the professional or serious enthusiast who spends most of their time performing prep work before the wax is ever applied.

If youâ€â„¢re looking for something different, try this:

The Perfect Shine (http://www.bettercarcare.com/articles.php?articleId=28)