PDA

View Full Version : Customer complained about 303 aerospace after the fact:

Pages : [1] 2

General Lee
10-29-2004, 01:13 PM
I just got some feedback from the owner of one of my details I did a few weeks back. He said is only complaint was that the dashboard reflected so bad off the windshield that he couldn`t see while he was driving. All he could see was the reflection of the dash.

The kicker, I showed him what I used and had him open the doors and look at the dash to make sure it wasn`t to shiny. He was pleased with the outcome. But a day or two later he was driving in the sun and he had to lay a sweatshirt on the dash for a quick fix.

I never had any problems with 303 being to shiny, anyone else.

imported_BretFraz
10-29-2004, 01:19 PM
Personally I don`t care for any protectant on the dash for the very reason you`re customer stated. It`s a personal preference, though.

Probably the best thing you can do now is to remove the 303 from the dashboard using a good all purpose cleaner. I don`t think there is a protectant that doesn`t leave some sort of shine.

jimmybuffit
10-29-2004, 01:24 PM
Some owner`s manuals actually warn aqainst it.

In my shop, we find a logical horizontal line on the dash, and do not apply dressing above it.

Jim

Bill D
10-29-2004, 01:28 PM
I suspect different dashboards from different manufactuers react to something like 303 differently. Color, texture and material the dash is composed of are factors. My dash is platinum colored and when I finsih 303ing it it looks extremely matte, no issues in the bright sun.

mtodde
10-29-2004, 01:42 PM
1Z Cockpit Premium is the most matte product I have tried to date. My only concern is that it doesn`t have a lot of UV protection.

audio1der
10-29-2004, 03:35 PM
Did you buff off the 303 after applying?

I find it hard to beleive he had that problem with 303- it`s SUCH a matte product!

His dash must be nearly reflective without it in order for that to have happened.

gnahc79
10-29-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Bill D

I suspect different dashboards from different manufactuers react to something like 303 differently. Color, texture and material the dash is composed of are factors. My dash is platinum colored and when I finsih 303ing it it looks extremely matte, no issues in the bright sun.

Bill D has got it. On my previous 2001 Accord I had no reflection issues with 303 and the dash. However, on my Mazda 6 I get quite a bit of reflection with 303. I used the same application method, so it`s gotta be the dash.

meGrimlock
10-29-2004, 04:26 PM
I actually have the same issue with the dashboard in my GTI. I have tried buffing freshly applied 303 with a MF without success, and I have even tried wiping it with a damp MF to no avail. Lately, I sporting the al fresco dashboard, and liking it much better. I might give the 1Z Cockpit Premium a try, I have heard many good things about it.

I agree with Bill D and gnahc, the dash material has a direct effect on the results.

TW85 HHI
10-29-2004, 06:26 PM
I do not like 303 for interior dressing. I find it too glossy yet it is perfect for exterior use when properly buffed.

1Z Cockpit Premium has the most natural of a finish that a product can have. Love the stuff.

General Lee
10-29-2004, 10:26 PM
Audio1der- Tell me about it, I feel 303 has a nice matte finish too. I even asked the gentleman if it was to shiny. He said no, looks good. But then again he didn`t get behind the wheel and drive it right then and there either. Also I didn`t buff it afterwards, I felt it looked good as it was.

No big deal, just thought I would share this with you all.

Jesstzn
10-29-2004, 10:57 PM
I don`t use dressings on the dash .. just cleaning withthe Woolite solution.

scottabir
10-30-2004, 01:00 AM
However, on my Mazda 6 I get quite a bit of reflection with 303. I used the same application method, so it`s gotta be the dash.

You will like 1z cockpit premium on your mazda6 dash if you choose to put a dressing on it.

General Lee
10-30-2004, 07:33 AM
For the 1Z cockpit users: How would you compare 1Z to poorboys Natural look?

imported_mirrorfinishman
10-30-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by General Lee

I never had any problems with 303 being to shiny, anyone else.

I really do not use 303 on either the dash or any other part of the interior. I usually only use 303 on automobile vinyl tops and the exposed vinyl upholstery on boats.

sgo
10-30-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by General Lee

Also I didn`t buff it afterwards, I felt it looked good as it was.

I think the key is to wipe it off promptly after applying it I don`t like my dash glossy either.