PDA

View Full Version : Mr Clean Magic Eraser

imported_springerfever
10-29-2004, 09:00 AM
Found this new product at the local Home Depot. Four to a box..approx 2.5" X 5" each. These `sponges` are made of a melamine foam (usually associated with soundproofing) and clean with just a little water.

I tried them on my brake dust covered ML430 wheels and they did a great job. Very convenient and the perfect size for reaching in between the spokes. They break down fairly quickly but each sponge should be good for at least 8 to 12 wheels. Kinda reminds me of using a clay bar on paint. Highly recommended !!

captkirk2
10-29-2004, 09:22 AM
Good tip. What section did you find them in?

oaevo8u
10-29-2004, 10:01 AM
works good on exhaust tips as well. You can get them at the grocery store as well

TW85 HHI
10-29-2004, 10:04 AM
They`re in with cleaning supplies.

medic159
10-29-2004, 10:15 AM
I`ve been using them for a while now, they are great. Recently they removed yellow road paint from inside my fender wells. They work well on all parts of the car EXCEPT shiny areas... keep them away from paint and chrome or anything that may scratch.

Mirror Images
10-29-2004, 11:25 AM
The magic eraser is awesome! Never tried it on my car except getting dried adhesive glue (from the window sticker) when I bought my car.

crobinso
10-29-2004, 11:33 AM
The Magic Eraser works wonders in the home. It cleans dirt off of walls. It cleans the shower. I even tried it on me! (Don`t, you`ll get thousands of micro scratches that H-U-R-T!!!!!)

Anyway, I`ve been told the Magic Eraser is excellent for cleaning stains off of auto carpets and headliners. As I just noticed a smudge on my headliner this morning, I`m going to buy some Magic Erasers from the grocery store and go to work this weekend.

Used clay (clay that is too dirty to use on your paint) can be used on clearcoated aluminum wheels to remove brake dust, BTW. Do not use on uncoated or powder coated wheels!

Charles

stilez
10-29-2004, 11:42 AM
I used them to remove white residue off of black moldings. It brought em back to a matte black finish...Highly reccomended.

Edwa
10-29-2004, 11:43 AM
They also work great at erasing the wax residue on black trim....

Bill D
10-29-2004, 11:45 AM
Id like to see smaller size, square Mr Clean bars to better fit on places like tight trim and door handle areas. A sort of foam paint brush Mr. Clean bar idea might be worth pursuing as well. Mr. Clean ought to re badge them for car care, since with the introduction of the Mr Clean car wash system, we see they are interested in marketing these types of products.

Pats300zx
10-29-2004, 12:28 PM
Great product for door sills and plastic door jambs.....:xyxthumbs

Takes off all those scuff and black marks with ease..

medic159
10-29-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Bill D

Id like to see smaller size, square Mr Clean bars...

They do cut up very easily with a pair of scissors. Also, if anyone saw the Apprectice a couple of weeks ago one of the teams went on QVC selling exactly the same product but under a different name. Apparently it`s mot exclusive to Mr. Clean.

Bill D
10-29-2004, 05:02 PM
Yes , I did see those. I`m surprised Trump didn`t get his mugshot embossed on them ;) I believe they are made in Germany so I assume some German chemical company producing them for Mr. Clean :nixweiss.

I`m going to try to cut but also shave a piece of one down and affix it to a foam paint brush handle, With some luck it may just turn out decently.