PDA

View Full Version : megs #7 show car glaze over klasse SG??

imported_CincyDave
10-29-2004, 08:05 AM
Hi all. Another newbie here. Been reading many, many posts over the past few months. What a wealth of info! I`ve started branching out beyond the retail store products. Currently have S100, liquid Souveran, and the Klasse twins (kit.)

Was at NAPA yesterday, and picked up a bottle of Megs #7 show car glaze. Looking for a very wet look, and thought this may help even though I`ve read it can be a little difficult to remove. I currently have two coats of KSG on my two vehicles (dark green Honda Oddessy and blue Mazda6), for the winter and was wondering of the #7 can be put on top of the KSG. Would the ingredients in the #7 have any adverse effects on the KSG protection? Also, does #7 need to kind of penetrate into the paint to work, and would the KSG prevent this?

If I do use the#7, I assume I should top with either the S100 or liquid Souveran to seal it in. I apologize for the long post, but if anyone has used #7 over KSG (or similar sealant) would love to know your thoughts.

Thanks!

a.k.a. Patrick
10-29-2004, 09:04 AM
Ideally, you would want to use #7 under the KSG, but......I dont think your going to get a good bond.

Im not sure using 7 on top of KSG is a great idea, it "may" be a waste of time and energy, *I think*....7 is a true show car glaze, kind of a stand alone.....Brings incredible depth and color back to paint, but is kind of a temp. product.

Setec Astronomy
10-29-2004, 09:28 AM
I don`t think it`s a good idea...I have used #7 many times, and #81 (Hand Polish, a similar product) once or twice, these are really meant to be used on cleaned paint under a sealant, I think they will be ineffective or detrimental if applied on top of the SG.

If you want a really wet look, read through the posts here and find a good carnauba that Autopians recommend for producing that.