PDA

View Full Version : Micro Tek from Calderon

jimmybuffit
10-28-2004, 09:14 PM
Does this ring a bell with anyone?

One of their reps dropped several samples a few days ago.

A few of these products are really `revolutionary`..

He only sells to mass merchandisers. Any resellers here recognize the name(s). PM me if you want.

Jim

Eliot Ness
10-28-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Jimmy Buffit

Does this ring a bell with anyone?.......

Jim, that is the name and manufacturer on the large blue (about 24 x 36) MF that is sold at Wal-Mart. It`s a 70/30 blend made in Korea, not a bad towel, but not really impressive either. I thought it may be a good towel for drying, but a WW from Patrick or Ranney will do a better job, IMHO

Mr. Clean
10-28-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Jimmy Buffit

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Only those with a W@lMart, T@rget etc. nearby. I think mine actually reads MicroTex, but the Calderon name is unmistakable.

A search of either name will yield results of familiarity.

Big Leegr
10-29-2004, 03:58 AM
Yep. The 5 pak at WM are Concordias "made by"

Calderon Textiles Co., 6678Guion Road, Indianapolis, IN (800)252-1986

*The 5 pak are made in China*

kompressornsc
10-29-2004, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by BigLeegr

Yep. The 5 pak at WM are Concordias "made by"

Calderon Textiles Co., 6678Guion Road, Indianapolis, IN (800)252-1986

*The 5 pak are made in China*

Ha! Jimmy-that`s just down the street from you! (Guion Rd., not China). ;)

I have a few of their towels and consider them in the medium+ quality range. Their MF Mitts are some of the best I`ve seen, but haven`t seen that many.

ALAN81
10-29-2004, 09:46 AM
I disagree the LARGE WM towels are not bad.They are not as good as Pak.Pat/Ranny but will get the job done.A few weeks ago on this site they ripped the WM towels but I think the little ones are good for door jams and under the hood.the large WM blue towel did not scratch the cars I used them on and removed product(not the best)but did the job

Bill D
10-29-2004, 09:51 AM
Which mfs seem to be the most durable and remain safe enough to use on paint after repeated usage and as time goes by? WalMart? Patrick`s , Ranney`s ,etc? All or some?

Eliot Ness
10-29-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by ALAN81

I disagree the LARGE WM towels are not bad.They are not as good as Pak.Pat/Ranny but will get the job done......

I don`t think anyone in this thread said they were bad, just not quite up there with Pakshak, etc.