PDA

View Full Version : Review of 2 Top Glass Cleaning Towels

SilverLexus
10-28-2004, 02:05 PM
I have been playing around with two great class cleaning towels - the Cobra Waffle Weave from Autogeek and the Norwex from Detailers Paradise. Both are great towels...here are my impressions.

Norwex Glass Cleaning Towel

Good Points - very good at cleaning, does not streak, high mfg quality, great retailer in DP, interesting "capillary design" in the fibers to lift up dirt

Bad Points - bit expensive, tends to stick to glass too much (maybe this is a sign of strong cleaning), Prominent attached stiff tag

Cobra Waffle Weave Glass Towel

Good Points - great cleaning MF, comfy to hold, very smooth gliding over surfaces, durable, no streaking

Bad Points - not the cheapest glass towel

Overall I give the Cobra the edge...I think the WW is a good way to go for glass, but the Norwex is also a terrific product.

Also Recommended for Glass Process:

1. 1Z Scheibenklar - superb glass cleaner (now my favorite displacing Sprayway and Invisible Glass from Stoner)

2. Waynes Ultra Plush - Very effective on glass as well as wax/buffing duty.

Bill D
10-28-2004, 02:10 PM
Lee,

Nice review. I`ve noticed with the Norwex, the mf tends to"bunch up" while wiping no matter what size I fold into as well.

The Cobra sounds worth checking out.

Do you use both in your regimen? i.e. initially cleaning with the Cobra and final wipe down with the norwex ( or vice versa) ?

Wasatch
10-28-2004, 02:14 PM
Here is another excellent glass cleaning MF.

http://www.specialtymotoring.com/microfiber.htm

SilverLexus
10-28-2004, 09:13 PM
"Do you use both in your regimen? i.e. initially cleaning with the Cobra and final wipe down with the norwex ( or vice versa) ?"

Good question. Mtodde and I discussed this earlier. I think you could use both. The Norwex might make a good final cloth since its so fine. The Cobra WW will probably trap large dirt particles easier.

stevet
10-28-2004, 10:57 PM
Any waffle weave MF will work well on glass. Lots of bite but slides across the glass without bunching up and no lint. I use the 24 in x 16 in waffle weaves and Stoners Invisible Glass and get great results.