PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of my method of washing with QEW??

imported_DetailGirl
10-28-2004, 10:35 AM
What do you think about the following method for using QEW? I do not like filling up two buckets of water to wash the Maxima. So I went out and got a 48 oz garden sprayer from Target. I mixed up two cap fulls of QEW and the proceeded to spray it on to the car. I let it soak for about a minute then took a good MF and started wiping off the car in one direction. I usually go through about 5-7 MFs but that is ok because I have a lot then I save them up for a big load of laundry. I didnâ€â„¢t notice any marring or scratches but it made me a little leery because there is so little water. I also tried this where I used a 2 gallon bucket of water and rinsed out the MF after every swipe. It took a while but I think that it worked out great. Do you think that I am causing any damage by using the spray bottle instead of using a bucket of water and QEW? Any thoughts are welcomed!

jlfrogy
10-28-2004, 10:48 AM
What I`ve learned here is that everybody has their way of doing things and I respect everybody for that. That being said I personally would NEVER EVER wipe anything across my paint without first bucket or hose washing my car. We drove to Mytle Beach last weekend for a car show and I had to drive like 2 blocks from the do-it-yoself carwash to the mall that the show was at and I was like veary leary to wipe with detail spray because the back of the car can get dusty in just 1 block. I hate micro marring and have just a very few which can not be avoided. When I wash my car I even do the top 1/2 before going to the bottom to avoid picking up sand and stuff.

General Lee
10-28-2004, 07:42 PM
Like Jlfrogy said, everybody has their own way of doing things. If you feel it works for you and produces the results you want then hey... Go for it. I tried QEW for the first time the other day and did the traditional way so to speak. Bucket of water, and a chinelle mit. I was pleased with the results. I didn`t have much water left towards the end though. You mentioned it kinda took a while for you to do it your way. One of the ideas of QEW is hence the name: Quick & Easy. Try the way most use it on these boards and see what you think. Just my .02

captkirk2
10-29-2004, 09:30 AM
I think that will lead to scratching. I like a wool mitt since it floats on a layer of water coming from the mitt and forms a film to reduce friction. One of the other methods I like, is to use a MF dipped in a bucket, wring lightly then lay flat on the surface then pull by 2 leading corners. You can flip and use the other side. uses less water and makes less mess in my garage. It will pull dirt right off the surface without much friction.