PDA

View Full Version : Got new 7336 PC.. Here`s my plan.... Opinions??

B-Lexusfan
10-27-2004, 06:40 PM
Just bought a new PC 7336SP from Lowe`s few weeks ago.

I`m going to pull the trigger on the Sonus pads kit for sale on this site.

Was thinking about moving towards the Einszett 1Z line.

Here`s my plan.

Wash

Clay

Wash

1ZPP

1ZMP

Zaino Treatment

Layers of Z2/Z5

What does everyone think??

I`ve got a few scratches on the car that I want to get rid of. Will these products do what I want in combination with the correct pads??

BookemDano
10-27-2004, 06:52 PM
I have no experience with the Einszett polishes, but I understand that they are fnie polishes. I do see two issues, however:

After 1ZMP, wash a third time with Zaino Z7 car wash to remove any residual oils from the polish. That`s necessary for Zaino to stick well.

You can also use Z7 with water as a clay lube. (I use Z18 clay, but there are several fine brands.) Besides being much less expensive, a Z7 based clay lube means that you can simply rinse the car with a wet wool mitt and water as your "wash" between clay and polish. Saves time and energy.

The second issue is QD. I like Z6 QD, especially with Z2/Z5. It improves the gloss. VERY nice stuff.

Regards,

Dan.

Eliot Ness
10-27-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by B-Lexusfan

.......I`ve got a few scratches on the car that I want to get rid of. Will these products do what I want in combination with the correct pads??

The 1Z polishes seem to be easy to work and everyone who uses them here has good things to say. Those polishes coupled with your pad kit sounds like a good combo.

If your scratches are minor you shouldn`t have a problem. If you can catch them with your fingernail, or they have gone through the clear coat all you`ll be able to do is minimize them.

Not sure if the polishing oils from the 1Z products will cause bonding issues with Zaino or not, I`ll let one of the Zaino users address that one. (EDIT: Dan just addresssed that in the post above this one..... thanks Dan!!)