PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me what you guys think about this as a starter pack?

Mirror Images
10-27-2004, 08:31 AM
I am just starting my detailing business. I am going to start off with the following products. Once business gets going I will expand and try other products. But for now this is what I have:

VM

Fine cut cleaner (I have had this for a while)

Megs detailer spray

NXT wax

Z1

Z2

Z5

Zaino Gloss enhancer

clay magic clay bar

Anything I might need as far as wax`s go, that I dont have listed? Hopefully this list will cover most of everything. Thanks for all the input.

Big Leegr
10-27-2004, 09:16 AM
Well, you`ve got a carnauba wax, a synthetic wax and 2 sealants. Are you going to be in a fixed location or mobile? If mobile, I would suggest a "wax" that can be used in the sun. There are a number available. Mothers Reflections may be available locally for you. Online there are...Ex, EX-P, PwC, Butterwax, American Shine, FK, and lots others that you can find by looking through older posts.

You`ve asked about only waxes, but do you have car shampoo, vinyl dressing, leather cleaner/dressing, glass cleaner, etc.?

Anyway, good luck. I would have thought that this isn`t the best time to start a detailing business (fall/winter), but if you`re from the south, maybe it`s irrelavent.

a.k.a. Patrick
10-27-2004, 09:24 AM
You may want to add a All in One type of cleaner/wax......Klasse AIO, Clearkote Moosewax, Meg`s ColorX to name a few......

stevet
10-27-2004, 09:27 AM
Get yourself some 303 Aerospace Protectant. This is an excellent product and very versitile. I use it on all my vinyl, plastic, rubber, and leather both inside and outside the car. Might be a bit expensive for a detailing business but if you buy it by the gallon it works out to be much cheaper than purchasing 16 oz bottles.

Mirror Images
10-27-2004, 09:27 AM
BigLeeger, I am really taking this time to perfect my detailing ability. I am not going to quit my day job just yet. I plan to also take this time to really learn and make contacts. I am in the south, but it still gets cold (below freezing sometimes). When the spring hits.....look out......here comes Mirror Images!

I have the other dressing/shampoo`s covered. Just need a bit of help on the waxes and such. Thanks for your input, it is really appreciated.

BookemDano
10-27-2004, 09:52 AM
Regarding Zaino products, you didn`t list Z7 car wash. Very good stuff.

I`d suggest ZFX, not Z1. As a pro, your time is very valuable. ZFX works much faster. Go with ZFX.

Zaino products are premium products. They are tops in durability. I like the Zaino look (some don`t). And, as long as you follow the instructions, they are pretty easy to use and apply. BUT, like other premium products, they are expensive. Make sure that you price the detail accordingly to cover the cost of the Zaino or other premium products.

Regarding clay, I use Zaino Z18. Works well. I understand that Clay Magic works well too. BUT... Use Zaino Z7 car wash or another good quality car wash to make your own clay lube. It works great and is MUCH less expensive than the pre-bottled lubes.

Also, regarding your product choices, have you used each of the products? You may find that, while others may like a product, it may not work for you. If it was me, I`d buy a small quantity of each product that I considered using and try it out.

Finally, I`d suggest posting this question in the Professional Detailers forum. They look at product choice much differently than an amateur like me. I care about quality and durability. While they may have the same concerns, they also care about making money. Their feedback is probably a lot more important than mine.

Best of luck,

Dan.

Mirror Images
10-27-2004, 11:51 AM
I am saving the Zaino for my peresonal stash, unless the cliet requests it. I do have the zaino car wash. I love it. it suds up and does not take a lot.