PDA

View Full Version : Autopians in St. Louis

jvcn
10-26-2004, 09:31 PM
I`m taking delivery of a "new" used car soon and was planning on detailing it myself. (A jade-black 95 LS 400)

On the other hand, I`m also considering the possibility of asking a pro to get out the swirls, do the core prep, and lay a basic sealant.

I can then play to my heart`s content knowing that the basic prep has been done properly. I just have to worry about maintaining the finish and playing with sealants, glazes and lsps.

So are there reasonably priced, Autopia approved detailers in the St. Louis area? Ive seen enough butcher jobs from "elite" hand washers and detailers, that I just assume incompetence unless someone here will vouch for them.

Robb
10-26-2004, 09:50 PM
Not st louis, but about 1.5 hrs north, in quincy illinois, im not a `professional` per say, but im sure i could get ur swirls out and do the basic prep for you.

tonysandiego
10-27-2004, 09:54 AM
I don`t know of any Autopia "approved" detail shops in the area, butu there are a few fanatics that could possibly help. BradB, who is an adminstrator here, puts on detailing clinics about 3-4 times a year for the Porsche/BMW/Jag clubs. He is the area guru and has taught me everything I know.

You may try to get in touch with him to see what`s on the schedule, or if he is looking for some "side" work to help pay for the never ending list of mods for his fleet!;)