PDA

View Full Version : 303 Aerospace Cleaner

Mr. Clean
10-26-2004, 04:58 PM
I recently tried it for cleaning tires. Tires are relatively new (<10k miles). I diluted per the instructions (well almost :o ) 30:2. Instructions were 30:1. I was underwhelmed to say the least. I ended up reverting to a Dollar Store APC (Awesome - have you seen/tried it?)

Has anyone tried it (the 303 cleaner)? What did you use it on? What were your results?

kbshadow
10-26-2004, 05:40 PM
I don`t know if its the same one but I used some 303 cleaner that was in a spray bottle.

It was about the only thing that I used that cleaned my spa and shower, worked great.

I used it on my tires and they looked great but after a few days they turned brown.

Took me several weeks to clean the brown off and apply mothers protectant to get them black again.

Bob

Stockton Ca

captkirk2
10-26-2004, 07:06 PM
I am underwelmed also. It may be a good degreaser (not confirmed by me yet) but its not a good APC. I think its all water and its abilities are all perceived in the mind. I should have asked for my $ back. What a waste.

detailbarn
10-26-2004, 08:07 PM
Wow I`m shocked to hear 303 Aerospace cleaner didn`t work well for you guys. I`ve been using it for a while in my shop and I think it works great. Granted the dilution ratio`s are bit extreme , but I`ve found that using it full strength removed some pretty nasty brake dust that had been on the wheel for a good amount of time.

imported_Todd
10-26-2004, 08:52 PM
I have also been very disappointed in the 303 Aerospace Cleaner. I was lured by web page hype about it`s safety, but it turns out that the product is simply ineffective at cleaning at the recommended dilutions of 20:1 and 30:1. I`ll try the remainder of the cleaner at full strength for wheel wells, chassis, etc. However, I won`t be buying another gallon of this stuff again.

Dean

Mr. Clean
10-27-2004, 08:11 PM
Well, I`m glad to see it`s not me :o It is rather pricey, but so is the 303 protectant and IMO it is a very nice product so I thought I would try it and based on the suggested dilution ratios it would have worked out to be affordable. Unfortunately in my experience it is worth even half the price. :down

It`s ironic that ShineMGood mentioned water, because that is exactly what it looked like while spraying it on the tires. And remember I used double the suggested dilution.

Thanks again for the input.