PDA

View Full Version : leather care?

LightngSVT
10-26-2004, 01:37 PM
With winter approaching its time to prep the daily drivers (and garage queens) for winter. I am just about out of Lexol conditioner, which has always been a good product. The leather in my 98.5 SVT Contour, although in perfect condition, is starting to get a bit hard.

I was thinking of trying Leatherique products, but the cost and time involved have me thinking twice. I also dont see them mentioned here much. WHile the products sound excellent, is there anything else on the market that provides similar results and is less costly. Also what about UV protection? Id like a product that I can use on the new cars as well to keep the leather supple.

truvette
10-26-2004, 02:01 PM
I use Zaino Z-10 leather conditioner. I used to be a Lexol user, but there were certain things about it I just didn`t like. It`s a fine product, but it just didn`t offer what I was looking for.

Z-10 is perfect as it gives a matte finish, has UV screening, and the smell is great! The smell definately makes you feel as though you are browsing through a store that sells new leather furniture.

Rainbow
10-26-2004, 03:22 PM
I use Meguires Aloe Conditioner. It is great and makes the seats soft.:up

imported_Macgirl
10-26-2004, 03:37 PM
I like einszett Lederpflege (http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?autopia+ufAdJU+1z-291141.html). Great one step product and matte finish. I follow it with 303 for UV protection.