PDA

View Full Version : 3 M swirl remover

Lou K
10-26-2004, 11:20 AM
I picked my car up from the dealer last Friday and after asking them twice to not wash it they still did. When I got it home I noticed alot of slight scratches and swirls in the paint which is a very dark green metallic (Lexus Midnight Pine Pearl). It appears as though they ran it through te touchless car wash and dried it with 600 grit sand paper or the rag that they used to clean the oil drums.

Enough of my ranting. I washed the car, clayed it, used 3M swirl remover for dark colors with my Porter buffer, applied NXT and the next day topped it with Meg`s #16. It turnred out great. I do have a question; is the 3m swirl remover a filler or does it actually remove the swirls? Thanks in advance for your help.

Lou K :sosad

Eliot Ness
10-26-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Lou K

......I do have a question; is the 3m swirl remover a filler or does it actually remove the swirls? Thanks in advance for your help.....

It has some light abrasives along with fillers. The only way to know if you actually removed them or filled them is do a wipe down with something like a 50/50 mix of rubbing alcohol/water after use and see how the finish looks.

Accumulator
10-26-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Lou K

... is the 3m swirl remover a filler or does it actually remove the swirls?

Both, it has some mild abrasives and it also has fillers. Just wait and see if the marring "comes back". If so you might want to try a different approach, if not then all is well. Either way you`ve got it handled for quite a while, what with the NXT/#16 on there. I wouldn`t worry about it; I`d just wait and see what happens (or, knock on wood, what *doesn`t* happen).

Oh, and Welcome to Autopia!

vdog0531
10-26-2004, 11:39 AM
well like everyone else is telling, yes it has some abrasives and fillers. i`m sure it will be good for awhile. any pics??

Vernon

YoSteve
10-27-2004, 09:21 AM
tape a sign to your window just below your rear view mirror.

they can`t miss it