PDA

View Full Version : AIO over AIO?

yankees1
10-25-2004, 05:29 PM
I just put one coat of Klasse AIO on my vette. After it has cured can I put another coat of AIO on it for added protection before I put a finish coat of Souveran on? I read some where that another coat of AIO would simply remove the first coat of AIO, correct or not?

Setec Astronomy
10-25-2004, 05:35 PM
Umm....you want to put a coat of Klasse Sealant Glaze on...like it says on the AIO bottle.

Bill D
10-25-2004, 05:37 PM
AIO X2 one after the other, add SG as much as you like once a day then your Souveran ( I did via the spit shine method discussed on this forum) :up

YoSteve
10-25-2004, 05:37 PM
AIO provides protection as well as cleaning. Look at your applicator (if it is in the least dirty after the first work-in [notice I use the term work-in rather than coat] then go over it again [no buffing between work-in`s). While the coats might not be associative (1+1=2) it definately doesn`t cancel itself out, because what is left is a smoother finish after every AIO use.

I go by this rule, if your microfiber towel is perfectly clean after your 2nd work-in of AIO (we default on 2 work-ins because nobody`s perfect at covering all the areas) then move on to SG.

I always do 2+1, AIO+SG on day one, and then SG on consecutive days afterwards.

Hope that helps, good luck :)

Setec Astronomy
10-25-2004, 05:59 PM
Did I miss a memo? When did AIOx2 become de rigeur?

Bill D
10-25-2004, 06:02 PM
Do whatever you please as I`m sure you know, nothing is set in stone

Setec Astronomy
10-25-2004, 06:10 PM
Don`t take me the wrong way, Bill, it`s just that two of you have said do AIOx2, and I don`t remember hearing that before as a standard practice.

Bill D
10-25-2004, 06:12 PM
He he, not a whole lot of stuff practiced here is exactly "standard practice" but it sure works wonders.

armoredsaint
10-25-2004, 06:17 PM
1 is a lonely number, 2 is better :D

Anthony O.
10-25-2004, 07:43 PM
The application of AIO just once is enough BUT many people, myself included many times, will (when time allows) apply a second layer.

I personally do not do so because I think the second layer adds anything but rather I do so thinking I may have missed an area or two. I lay down the first layer with the mindset it is cleaning.

I go over the plastic, nooks and crannies and buffer splatter. My second layer is put on with the mindset of polishing. I never use it as a stand alone product.

In the past I had the belief that many layers would benefit but have since concluded that that is incorrect.

Anthony