PDA

View Full Version : Bonding issues w/ these products?

taylor04
10-23-2004, 12:54 PM
I recently purchased a PC 7336 and would like give my black car a good detail before winter. I have very light swirls and some minor scratches. Here`s my plan as of right now:

Wash (Sonus gloss shampoo)

Clay

Meg`s #82 w/ Sonus Green pad

P21S Paintwork Cleanser w/ Sonus Blue pad

AIO

SG x 2+

Should I bother w/ the P21S PCL? I used it by hand once and it produced a wonderful finish on the car, but I`m wondering if AIO on top of it will negate any effects it may have.

Any help would be appreciated!

6']['9
10-23-2004, 02:41 PM
well SFP is a polish so i dont see where AIO will effect anything that SFP will do. But your process sounds fine.

Accumulator
10-23-2004, 08:21 PM
taylor04- I probably wouldn`t bother with the GEPC if I were using AIO. As you suspect, much of what you get from the GEPC will be cleaned off by the AIO. The GEPC *will* do a little polishing though, so it all depends on how well things turn out after the #82/SFP.

oaevo8u
10-23-2004, 11:20 PM
I dont suggest using sonus gloss shampoo before all this..sonus is a very gentle shampoo...you need something that will remove alot of grime like megs gold class double strength..the sonus would be good as your weekly wash after this process because it wont strip all the hard work you just put into your car

taylor04
10-24-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by oaevo8u

I dont suggest using sonus gloss shampoo before all this..

I was thinking the same thing. I don`t know why I put that in my original post, because as you said, I use it for my routine washes. I think I have some Meg`s lying around somewhere. Now, if the weather would just cooperate...