PDA

View Full Version : Help for newbie

Murf
04-20-2003, 11:48 AM
All right guys, I have been lurking for a month or so, and have picked up alot of good help just reading but now I need to ask a question.

I have a 2003 Nissan Maxima SE, it is silver in color, and I decided I would start out on the right foot with this car, unlike any other I have ever had. Two weeks after I got it, I washed, clayed, and applied two coats of Liquid Glass. That was three weeks ago, and I am finally getting an opportunity to wash it again, and the water is not even beading up on the thing. This is my first experience with any type of a polymer but shouldn`t this thing still bead water?!

Unlike everyone else on this site, I don`t really enjoy detailing my car, it is too much like work. I spent an entire day and a half on this thing, and hoped it would carry me for a while.

HELP!!!

Murf

CharlesW
04-20-2003, 05:33 PM
Welcome to DC:
Not all products bead water. I don`t know if Liquid Glass is one of the ones that sheets rather than beads. From what I have heard about it`s durability, (good), I think you still have protection.

Murf
04-21-2003, 09:36 PM
Come on guys, does anyone have the definite answer on this? :confused:

wayne
04-21-2003, 10:18 PM
Did you use the pre cleaner?
LG is kinda "old school" technology in synthetics.
If you do not like detailing, try Klasse AIO/Sg combo or for even longer durability...,Zaino.
Zaino is "system" based around their Z-2 polish, every "Z" product "compliments" the other. The durability is a true 3 - 6 months:)
zaino is NOT hard or complicated, the time work, like any other good wax/sealant..., is in the "prep work".

Don
04-21-2003, 10:48 PM
Wayne`s right. Liquid Glass works best if applied to either A) a completely `clear` surface (no other waxes/sealants or B) a surface prepped W/Liquid Glass pre-cleaner.

Murf
04-21-2003, 11:04 PM
I did not use the pre-cleaner. The car had never been waxed. They had to strip the plastic protective film from the car, and quickly clean it before I took delivery.

Just because water is not beading does that mean I have no protection?

What about applying Zaino over the LG? Is Dawn enough to strip it or do I need to use something else? Or do I need to strip it at all?

Thanks Guys

Don
04-21-2003, 11:14 PM
Waterbeading is not always a clear indication of protection or the lack of. Some synthetics repel water so completely that the water `sheets` off of the car.

I would suggest a pre-cleaner before applying Zaino, Z doesn`t stick well to other sealants.