PDA

View Full Version : NXT x 2 for winter?

Robb
10-21-2004, 12:20 PM
Still debating what to use for winter, its either 20 x 2 topped by 26, or 2 x NXT topped by 26

Will nxt last thru winter(~3 months) if i just do nxt x 2?

a.k.a. Patrick
10-21-2004, 12:25 PM
Durabilty wise, both products have cleaners, so by 2x, your not getting any better durability. Coverage yes. Add 26 to either product as a additional protective layer. Not sure youll make it 3 months with any combo of the above though, depending on your wherabouts!

imported_mirrorfinishman
10-21-2004, 01:37 PM
Robb,

I am not a big fan of layering. However, it does sound reasonable that a top coat of your favorite wax should give you an added measure of protection. How long it`s going to last, really depends on the environmental conditions facing your car this winter.

I have been using NXT Tech Wax about every month or two on my own vehicles, so I am going to just try to get an addition coat of NXT applied right before the extreme cold hits sometime late in December. Sooner if it gets a lot colder earlier.

Since the NXT has worked so well, I really do not intend to top it with anything else. I think the NXT will do just fine for a few months. Especially since the surface of my vehicles now feel so smooth and slippery, since it has been conditioned with NXT so frequently.

ALAN81
10-21-2004, 02:41 PM
WHY NOT TRY collinite IT WILL GET YOU THROUGH THE WINER EASY

EdLancer
10-21-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Robb

Still debating what to use for winter, its either 20 x 2 topped by 26, or 2 x NXT topped by 26

Will nxt last thru winter(~3 months) if i just do nxt x 2?

Yup, thats a good choice, I did the same, NXT x 2 with #16 instead.

truvette
10-21-2004, 04:03 PM
I am currently using #16 and I can tell you that it will give you solid protection through a good part of winter as it is a tough, heavy, and durable wax which lasts on one of my cars that is kept outdoors 24/7.

It would also be in your best interest to use a "refresher" product such as Quik Wax or a carnauba based QD. Such products will help extend the life of your wax.