PDA

View Full Version : Ex Vs. Wolfgang Sealant

03COBRA
10-20-2004, 11:28 AM
I am currently in the market to get some new products that I have not tried before. My arsenal at the moment pretty much consists of the Poorboy`s line. But I have been seeing a lot of good things about the Wolfgang line especially the sealant. I was just curious what you guys think of the Wolfgang sealant againt the Poorboy`s EX. I really like Ex a lot and I was just wondering if I would gain anything buy getting the Wolfgang product or should I just stick the EX?

Pats300zx
10-20-2004, 11:36 AM
If I had to choose between EX-P and Wolfgang my vote would go to EX-P. I found that EX-P left the finish more reflective. The key I found to using it to apply with very thin coats to avoid dusting.

Wolfgang tends to have more a carnuaba look to it and is also extremely easy to use.

Hope it helps some in your decision.

Kleanride
10-20-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Pats300zx

If I had to choose between EX-P and Wolfgang my vote would go to EX-P. I found that EX-P left the finish more reflective. The key I found to using it to apply with very thin coats to avoid dusting.

Not to get off course, is EX a Sealant or a polish?? I know that EX-P is a ______ w/Carnauba...correct?

:nixweiss

Wasatch
10-20-2004, 12:00 PM
Both are sealants. EX has some carnauba. EX-P is a pure sealant. Both should give you about 3-4 months protection. EX looks especially nice on dark colored cars, EX-P looks especially nice on light colored cars.

mgm2003
10-20-2004, 12:41 PM
I have Wolfgang and like it a lot on Blacks & reds.

What color is your car?

If your looking to try something new I`d really recommend buying the menzerna car care kit, and trying FMJ. It`s probably the easiest product that I`ve ever used. You can literally FMJ a mid-sized car (start to finish) in 20min or less. The slickness, shine, depth, and durability are all top notch.

Scottwax
10-20-2004, 08:10 PM
I believe your Altima is silver, right? If you want to try something else, you would probably like 4* UPP more than Wolfgang because you will get a more reflective look. On dark, non metallic paint, I`d go with Wolfgang.

maecrispy
10-21-2004, 11:57 AM
On gold and silver metallics, I think clarity and reflection are the most desireable characteristics. In that case, EX-P would be a great choice. Like Scott mentioned, 4*UPP is a great choice too. I just recently did a side by side comparison on my hood with EX-P and 4*UPP on the other side. UPP is not quite as clear and reflective as EX-P but it defnitely looks like it has more depth. On my silver metallic TL, it`s the one that has best given me the look I want.

Wolfgang will definitely mute the flakes in metallic paint. It has a very *soft* look to it. I really like it on black. Some of the more clear LSP`s (like EX-P and Zaino) are very clear but it tends to make black look like a mirror and washes out a lot of depth. WG is very glossy and wet looking on black... a great choice for darker colors.

I do have to mention that while I like most everything I tried in the WG line, I don`t like the pre-cleaner. It`s not that it`s that bad... just in IMHO there are a lot better products out there for that stage (VM comes to mind.)

captkirk2
10-21-2004, 12:06 PM
On my silver M3 I used Meg hand polish (#81 i think) and topped with NXT. Paints jumpin now

Corey Bit Spank
10-21-2004, 03:47 PM
Klasse :) I like Klasse.