PDA

View Full Version : lost my klasse shine after 2nd coat

FocusRun
10-19-2004, 07:53 PM
Greetings everyone!! It`s been a while since I`ve been here. I`m miss it!

Here`s my story. So after... months... of neglect and abuse.. Mr. Lemon (lemon year, silver focus) was given the Klasse treatment with claying and PPCL. After applying the first layer of SG, I decided to wait for a week before applying the second coat.

So, I drove Mr. Lemon to work and lo and behold, when I stepped out of the car, the thing was like a deep pool of water. My co-worker called it "liquid look". This was with the cloudy weather. It was amazing. The following day, it was sunny outside and my co-workers again said the car was "shimmering". I agreed on both accounts.

Now weekend came and I decided to wash with Eiman Fabrik powerwash and apply the second layer of SG.

To my disappointment, the shimmering and liquid look disappeared.

Do you guys think somewhere along the line I stripped off the first layer? I don`t know what happened. I usually just wait 24 hours and apply up to 3 coats of SG. Or is this the classic example of the darkening of the color after several layers of SG. I`m going to try to QD (using the Sonus acrylic spritz) and see if I just failed to remove the SG properly.

Whatever the case, I`m disappointed. Should have bought Zaino

vdog0531
10-19-2004, 09:18 PM
well even if you did strip the first layer of SG (which i dont `know how you would have), the second coat would have act like the first coat which was "shimmering" and "liquid." Is the lighting conditions the same? how does it feel?

Vernon

2clean4u
10-19-2004, 09:31 PM
Did you use AIO before the SG? If you didnt the SG wont bond to the surface .

vdog0531
10-19-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Fskof

Did you use AIO before the SG? If you didnt the SG wont bond to the surface .

I disagree, i have polished and gone straight to SG and it has lasted months before. but that was with three coats. The bottle of SG even says its not required to use AIO.

Vernon

NetBoy
10-20-2004, 11:03 AM
I thought Eiman Fabrik powerwash was strong stuff.

I suggest trying AIO, SG on one section and see if it looks better than the other sections. If it does then maybe it was the Eiman Fabrik powerwash.

imported_jgv
10-20-2004, 11:32 AM
Funny thing I always felt the same.......First coat always lloked better than after the second....

samhian
10-20-2004, 12:15 PM
Me too. First coat looks better than third. AIO without SG looks the best, but no protection. This is why I switched to EX-P.

YoSteve
10-22-2004, 03:22 PM
Eiman Fabrik makes powerful stuff, don`t know about their powerwash, sounds like it did bad to your paint.

did you use QD on your car that might have messed it up.

anyways, it`s not a good enough reason for regretting your purchase :) in an attempt, I think it was an isolated incident and not typical, I wouldn`t think.

good luck, try another coat, maybe the third will get ya back. careful on the washing, use soap sparingly.

jimmybuffit
10-22-2004, 04:06 PM
I`m surprised...

Sorta sounds like you`re dealing with the SG haze dilemma.

I, too, would start all over on just one panel, and see where that gets you...

I just finished giving my Miata the full winter prep.

3 step chemical bath

Menzerna FPII (slooow passes PC/finishing pad) with almost too many halogens...

AOI by PC/finishing pad

SGx3 (at 24 hour intervals)

Pinnacle Souveran

Oh, it looks wet...

Jim