PDA

View Full Version : Bad PC advice but found solutuion

NetBoy
10-19-2004, 03:29 PM
Spent a ton on PC, pads, Menzerna IP and FPII but couldn`t get the scratches out of my 2003 BMW M3.

Contacted the vendor and they said I needed to use a rotary to get the scratches out! Unbelievable considering I just bought the PC from them.

I later find out on my own that I needed a LC yellow pad and the PC set to 5.5 to 6. Once I did this 95% of the scratches were gone.

Checked with 50/50 wipe down and halogen lights.

Before I was using a LC white pad and the PC set to 4 (explained this to the vendor).

Also used UPP for the first time. I`m impressed, long time Zaino user. Slicker than Zaino and better shine and depth on my Silver Metallic paint.

Was able to do direct comparision because hood is ZFX-Z2 (3X) and UPP went on side fender.

The UPP sample I got was in a clear bottle. Looks like it has a lot of oil (separation).

Tried the UPP on top of the ZFX-Z2 and didn`t notice any real change.

Also remembered AIO is a great product. Used it before UPP. If I remember correctly AIO does not bead water. I guess I can test

durability since UPP does bead water.

So took a lot of time and money but happy with results. A friend thought the paint was still wet.

Accumulator
10-19-2004, 06:29 PM
Sorry to hear you got all the bad advice; glad to hear you got things worked out.

Yeah, I love how UPP looks on silver :xyxthumbs

The way it separates in the bottle *can* be a little disconcerting, but since it works fine I`ve decided not to worry about it. VM and BF do this too..