PDA

View Full Version : Ok, just trying to get started really detailing

Beyond Sight
10-19-2004, 12:09 PM
I just bought the PC 7424. As far as buffing pads what do I need and /or what do you professionals recommend? I want one that will buff out paint swirls, maybe deep abrasions, polishing, one for just applying a coat of wax,and any other type of pads I may have missed or you guys recommend. I really don`t know a lot about the particuliars. I have always used my hands, zaino, and the applicator pads that zaino recommends. My cars have always looked really really good. Now I want to take it to the next level.

Also where can I buy these pads? I really appreciate the help.

tom p.
10-19-2004, 12:12 PM
Good luck with the machine...it`s virtually foolproof and kinda fun to run it! Enjoy.

I`d head over to Detailer`s Paradise, they`ve got basic pad bundles and an entire array of great products!

Nicky Pass
10-19-2004, 12:16 PM
Meguires seems to have really good paint rehab stuff.....#83,#80,#9 they seem to be the best way to get the swirls and minor imperfections out. As for polish and wax....there is a ton, and everyone has thier favorites! I`ve used Zaino for two years and I`ve liked the results, but after joining this site, I am going to venture out and try Clearkote and Poorbooys stuff. Search and you shall find!

Beyond Sight
10-19-2004, 12:20 PM
Nicky, I have an 03 cobra as well. Awesome car! I love Zaino! I am open minded as well. How does zaino work with a buffer? You know Sal always says that a little goes a long way. I have always just used the hand applicators.

Nicky Pass
10-19-2004, 12:31 PM
Since Zaino takes soooo long to dry, if you put it on with the PC its only gonna apply it. Zaino isn`t like the meguires stuff, which the buffer actually breaks down for it to work. Zaino is best applied by hand. Since you have the buffer, get some Megs #9 (its easy to find) and works really good. Then once you get the paint swirl free, then put on the Zaino and a "topper".