PDA

View Full Version : Micro fiber towels in Vancouver.

RRX
10-19-2004, 02:10 AM
Hi there, does anyone have an opinion on the Microfiber towels from www.carcaresmart.com

What do you guys recommend? I`m trying to look for somewhere local to buy microfiber towels in Vancouver Canada.

I know that Canadian Tire has these big blue Simoniz ones, are those any good?

I`m thinking of using them for drying and buffing off wax.

Thanks.

eShine
10-19-2004, 05:23 AM
The Simoniz Drying towels do not work so well. You need a waffle weave towel for that. Thye are also too big to buff wax.

Big Leegr
10-19-2004, 02:36 PM
Yep. You should get a waffle weave for drying. I noticed that Chris`s WW are cheaper than Carcaresmart`s. The difference in price may compensate for the shipping charges, depending on how much you buy. As he (Chris) carries the Poorboys` line, I can say from experience that those MF`s are of good quality. I haven`t tried carcaresmart`s. I haven`t found any "brick and mortar" stores that carry WW mf`s.

Duckman
10-19-2004, 02:47 PM
I use MFs from Carecaresmart (not the WW though.. they started carrying after my last purchase) and I can tell you, they are pretty decent. I`m a little annoyed that the tags are sewn on though... they`re a pain in the *** to remove.

superstring
10-19-2004, 03:07 PM
RRX

I live in Victoria and have had very good luck with Pakshak. Great products, great prices, (mention Autopia for a discount), great service (very quick delivery from Hawaii) and "special care" for Canadian customers! :cool:

http://www.pakshak.com/

Jesstzn
10-19-2004, 06:42 PM
RRX .. Vancouver is the same as here .. not a lot to choose from ..

I get my 24 x 36 WW towels from Pakshak and my other drying towels 24 x 24 from JT International .. about $16 a pair delivered.

The Simoniz one isn`t good for much more than door edge/wheel drying .. the 5/$8 Canadian tire ones are good for wiping down the interior ..

Do an e-bay search on user "ultramicrofiber" He sells some of the best polishing / drying towels out there for low $$ .. its JT International.

imported_Blake
10-19-2004, 06:53 PM
Bought some of the Poorboy`s towels from eShine and found them to be very good quality. No border problems either and very quick delivery.

eShine
10-19-2004, 07:04 PM
Their are many MF`s out there of high quality. Our previous MF`s had tags and I must say, there must be a law of Physics where the darn tag always ends up face down! They can be removed but often lead to fraying. This is I personally use the Poorboy`s tagless towels.

YoSteve
10-22-2004, 03:38 PM
I personally haven`t liked the towels I`ve seen from China. China manufacturers have admitted that they don`t have the quality and weave technology as Korea does (and you can tell the difference). I`m not naming any names, but I agree :)

But that`s not to say China won`t catch up soon, they`re really good at copying :)

it`s the only problem with tagless towels. I pull tags off and they`re fine.

Accumulator
10-22-2004, 06:31 PM
YoSteve is being modest, not beating his own drum- I think his towels are great, they`re my favorite "plush" MFs. I just pull the tags off his towels and any fraying is minimal.

And IIRC, he has free shipping to Canada.

eShine
10-22-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by BigLeegr

The difference in price may compensate for the shipping charges, depending on how much you buy.

Actually if you are not from Ontario you pay no PST, we also use Flat rate shipping. It cost the same to ship to BC as it does to ship to my next door neighbor! Its a special account we have through Canada Post. With the no PST you end up cheaper than buying from your own province.

DSVWGLI
10-22-2004, 08:23 PM
The MF`s from eShine are very good. I`ve used them for a while and they very soft and absorbent and do not scratch especially the mega plush. I purchased a big blue 2 from carcaresmart and it too is top notch.