PDA

View Full Version : how can i get rid of etched in waterspots?

jimmy213
10-19-2004, 12:16 AM
First of all my car is black.I have tried clay,polish,and vineger.No Luck.When you look at the paint from a normal view u cant see water spots,but when i take it out in the sun well the all appear.I have etched in waterspots here and there and a couple of etched in bird droppings. so i want to use something that will take car of all of that.I have a porter cable d.a polisher and im thinking of using a wool pad and 3m`s finesse-it. What can i use?

Thomas Dekany
10-19-2004, 01:11 AM
I haven`t used mine yet, www.fk1usa.com decontamination system suppose to get rid of it. My problem as well.

togwt
10-19-2004, 06:43 AM
~One man’s opinion / observations~

Removing etched water (below surface) spots from paint -- are caused by acid rain or industrial fallout causing a chemical reaction, if left for any length of time they will etch the paint film surface leaving a concave circular mark.

These can be removed by using detailer`s clay to remove any hardened surface deposits and then using a machine polish, Iz Einzett TM Metallic Polish or Iz Einzett TM Paint Polish and a cutting (LC Orange or Yellow) foam pad (speed # 4) to level the surface, reapply surface protection once spots have been removed.

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon

Dtail
10-19-2004, 12:45 PM
what kind of polish do you use? some water spots etching needs a more agressive polishes than the others. It all depends on from what source and how long it`s been sitting.

togwt
10-19-2004, 12:58 PM
Quote: what kind of polish do you use? some water spots etching needs a more agressive polishes than the others. It all depends on from what source and how long it`s been sitting.

~One man’s opinion / observations~

A machine polish, Iz Einzett TM Metallic Polish (mild) or Iz Einzett TM Paint Polish (medium) and a cutting (LC Orange or Yellow) foam pad (speed # 4) to level the surface, reapply surface protection once spots have been removed.

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon

jimmy213
10-19-2004, 09:30 PM
i have used 3ms swirl remover for black,ive used meguires polishes,then i said i need more agressivnes so i used 3m`s finesse-it it got some of the contaminations out but u can still see it in the paint

Thomas Dekany
10-21-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by jimmy213

i have used 3ms swirl remover for black,ive used meguires polishes,then i said i need more agressivnes so i used 3m`s finesse-it it got some of the contaminations out but u can still see it in the paint

Jimmy - e mail me - my PM is empty but I get a notice that says it is full.

tdekany@cox.net