PDA

View Full Version : new product in dollar store

jvcn
10-18-2004, 09:57 PM
Ok,

Put this down in the "There`s a sucker born every minute..." category, but at the dollar store today I bought this pack of sealant called Car Kote from Protec with 3 small 4 oz bottes of stuff (all for a buck of course!). A precleaner, a sealant and a paint conditioner.

Anyone have any idea what this is?

I know I don`t need more product, but for a buck???

How could I resist it?

Kleanride
10-18-2004, 10:15 PM
you did the right thing. Use these on a buddys car or something before you use them on a car you care about. Its only fair!

:)

salty
10-18-2004, 10:22 PM
I used something sounding very simular about 10 years ago and beyond, from Protec Polishing Systems. It was amazing stuff. It had the precleaner, for paint prep, back then very little was clear coated, and it removed oxidation very well. You mixed all three products together on an orbital after the pre-treat, and worked it in on a velour bonnet. It was quarenteed for 5 years on a new car and i can say that it did last for at least 2 years, as i did the product on friends and family, they all sold them before 5 years so i can`t say for sure if it lasted for 5. I have never had as much repeat or people ask for anything since. period!

Gonzo
10-19-2004, 06:35 AM
I think "Dollar Store" says enough!

Run away!

isinoh
10-19-2004, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Gonzo

I think "Dollar Store" says enough!

Run away!

That was actually the same stuff that the Lexus dealership tried to sell me as thier "paint protection system".

Except they wanted something more than a dollar! ;)

debric
10-19-2004, 12:14 PM
The dollar store is a fantastic place. You would be surprised the amount of products that are in there just minus the big budget packaging; P&G, Nabisco, Lever..just to name a few.

Gonzo
10-19-2004, 12:28 PM
P&G, Nabisco, Lever

Hmm, do they make car care products?

debric
10-19-2004, 01:28 PM
I know Dollar General does....:up

jvcn
10-19-2004, 09:19 PM
Actually, there was a lot of interesting stuff. I got a few packs of glass wipes and car wet wipes (nice for cleaning crud off the bumpers) as well as antibacterial hand wipes to leave in the car. All told, with the Car Cote, not a bad haul for $6.

Corey Bit Spank
10-21-2004, 03:49 PM
remember the dollar store tire gell...goop....stuff a few years ago? The picture of that stuff was just scary.

dcswd
10-21-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Corey Bit Spank

remember the dollar store tire gell...goop....stuff a few years ago? The picture of that stuff was just scary.

Yes, with the applicator pad completely submerged in it. I detailed someone`s vehicles that had that stuff. Lol... I recognized the packaging immediately. I have heard of people finding eagle one tireswipes in dollar stores which is a pretty good idea.

JimGo
10-21-2004, 04:41 PM
Eagle One tireswipes, applicators, and other supplies can be found there. Great bargain; I especially like Dollar Tree stores for inexpensive tools, super glue and the like.