PDA

View Full Version : What kind of polish to use?

toyota2
10-18-2004, 12:47 PM
I have a white 02 Toyota Tacoma would you 1z or 1z matallic for a polish or you go with someting els.

The process is am going to use is.

wash (nxt wash)

clay bar (mothers)

polish (z1 or z1 matallic?)

cleaner (sonus pwc)

wax (nxt)

what do you all think

Thanks

Shawn

maecrispy
10-18-2004, 01:11 PM
It`s hard to recommend a specific product with out knowing more about the condition of your paint (i.e. what defects are present and how much of them you want to remove), and whether you`re going to be using a PC or not.

By hand, some (including myself) have had good results with the 1Z line of polishes. I`ve also had moderate success with Poorboy`s SSR polishes by hand.

By PC, some favorite lines are 1Z, Poorboys, 3M, and Meg`s.

Most to least abrasive:

Poorboys (SSR3, SSR2.5, SSR2, SSR1, Pro Polish (non-abrasive))

1Z (1ZUP, 1ZPP, 1ZMP)

Other`s can fill you in on 3M and Meg`s.

toyota2
10-18-2004, 01:43 PM
maecrispy

I should have said a little more about my truck and the process. The paint is in good condition only minor spots here and there and very little swirl marks and I would be using a pc and sonus pads. Thanks for the reply.

Shawn

maecrispy
10-18-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by toyota2

should have said a little more about my truck and the process. The paint is in good condition only minor spots here and there and very little swirl marks and I would be using a pc and sonus pads. Thanks for the reply.

In that case 1ZMP or SSR1 would be pretty good choices with PC.

For the condition you`re talking about, I`ve also had good luck with VM using a LC white polishing pad on speed 5-6. That would allow you to combine the polish and cleaner steps into one as VM has cleaning abilities.

Of course, I don`t really use NXT so I`m not sure how NXT would work over VM. I`m sure others can chime on their experiences.

VM/EX-P is a combo that many have used for white and seem to like very much (including myself.)